need motivational help

Options
Hello, it name is Jacki and I need to loss lbs...I am a busy mom that runs daycare out of my home...I have needing to loss for awhile and have restarted weight loss goals so many times...I just need friends and suggestions to keep me accountable please help!!!

Replies

• pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised your not dripping the lbs trying to keep up with all those kids! :p I'm struggling too, so let's see if we can help each other out!
  • jacpell80
    jacpell80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's what I don't understand...I am currently taking a break cause I am dripping in sweat from cleaning my 6yr olds bedrm and once I cool off I will clean my 2 yr olds bedrm...like I don't stop all day but to relax for few and up to cook or clean again...I consider myself active even know I don't do 'workouts' or visit the gym that I pay monthly lol...
    I have gained 20lbs this year! So I know it has be my diet even know I thought I ate fairly well so I got this app to help count my calories...yesterday was 1st time inputting my meals lol wow my diet is horrible I consumed twice bout I should...
  • pyro_guy7
    Options
    Yeah, that's about what happened to me too when I started using Lose It, it was awful how much I was eating! But once I started choosing lower calorie stuff and cutting back on the snacking, I lost about 10 lbs. But, the Lose It app has a terrible search engine, so I switched over to here! I bet once you get closer to your recommended calorie intake, you'll see better results than me :)
  • jacpell80
    Options
    I don't know much bout calories intake so I let this app determine what's best for me...it put me on 2260 calorie intake yesterday I consumed almost 4000 which is was relax Sunday and I had mcd for lunch
  • pyro_guy7
    Options
    I was doing about 1600 calories on Lose IT, but MFP told me to do closer to 1300 to loose 2lbs a week. But I told MFP I'm not active :lol: Just keep good track of your weight as you go and make adjustments as needed. Just make sure you keep at it! Friend me if you'd like and we can try to keep each other on track :smiley:
  • aliyou1
    aliyou1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you and we can help each other
  • aliyou1
    aliyou1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being confused as to how you are not loosing. I do a 1200 diet, workout 5days a week and run constantly after my 5 kids. I do realize though that when I sleep 8+ hours I loose more weight.
  • jacpell80
    Options
    I wish I could sleep good...for some reason I wake up every hour or so...Dr put my on sleeping meds but I still woke up just felt like really drunk...any advice on getting good night's sleep? And it's not my kids that wake me it's my body either I need drink or eat or go potty or just stretch...
  • pyro_guy7
    Options
    Well, I'd keep track of what's waking you up. Don't drink too much water before bed if you end up waking up to use the bathroom, etc. See if you can pinpoint problems and try out some solutions.

I was on some sleep meds for a while too, and I feel you; it just doesn't feel restful. Sometimes I have luck with just some melatonin but any sleep meds and I just get the same drunk feeling. But, for me I've figured out that I just need to make sure I wind down and relax properly before bed. So, I'll read or play some very easy/uninvolved video/phone games in bed, until I feel relaxed. It usually takes 30-60 minutes to get to sleep but I feel like I rest better. Although, I know with some people that the blue light from digital screens can make some people more awake (blue light makes your body think the sun is out, and it can try to keep you awake), but I don't find I have that problem