Stupid tattoo question...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I got bit by a bug under my right shoulder last Summer (on the side) and it left some kind of scar.. pinkish skin I guess. I hate it and feel kinda self conscious about it and I've been considering getting a tattoo for a while anyway... So I figured I could put one there to hide it.

Do tattoos work well on scarred skin, and do you think it's a weird place to put one? I still have a bit of fat there left that's probably not going anywhere either so I'm not sure it's such a good idea?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Depends on the scar. It doesn't sound like the one you have is very raised? It could look fine but it might hurt more. Doesn't matter what we think is weird. Get what you want wherever you want.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that. At one point I thought about having flames tattooed over the stretch marks on my belly. Upon further consideration,however, I deemed it a bad idea to effectively have an image of flames flaring from my knicker line. :|
  • oldbriannomore
    oldbriannomore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it will cover just fine. your artist will know how to approach it...
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you should check out the tattoos were they work the scar into the design.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it can be done. Ask the tattoo artist you plan to go to with examples of tattooing scarred skin. If they are good, they should have examples of this. If they don't, be skeptical.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have one over a tick bite scar on my calf and you would never know its under there. Great artist.

It took longer than others to heal, but it didn't hurt any more than the others. But then I didn't think the process was terribly painful to begin wih.

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    One of my friends actually had tattoos done over keloid scars so yes it's doable.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lucy1771 wrote: »
    I have one over a tick bite scar on my calf and you would never know its under there. Great artist.

It took longer than others to heal, but it didn't hurt any more than the others. But then I didn't think the process was terribly painful to begin wih.

Yeah I think it's a tick bite scar too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it should be fine. I know former cutters who have gotten tattoos over their scars so a bug bite scar should be fine
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have seen pictures of awesome tattoos that cover mastectomy scars.