Is this diet good?

Options
22 year old male 6'2.5" 280lbs
1950 Calories a day
45% Carbs, 30℅ Protein, 25℅ Fats

I know there is a lot left out. I can tell you other info if you need to know.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    That seems like a good plan especially if you are not working out regularly (I read your post in the fitness section). Make sure you are weighing everything and log everything. Avoid cups/spoons/eyeballing for measurements. Avoid generic/homemade entries. Most of all have patience. Best of luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's not a diet, it's a macro split. I think your calorie goal is a bit low. At least eat back some of your exercise calories. Protein is a little high, but ok if you like eating lots of meat, eggs and fish. I think you should have more fat. But the most important thing is that this is something that will work if you can and will stick to it - because you'll be eating at a calorie deficit for a long time.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    That seems like a good plan especially if you are not working out regularly (I read your post in the fitness section). Make sure you are weighing everything and log everything. Avoid cups/spoons/eyeballing for measurements. Avoid generic/homemade entries. Most of all have patience. Best of luck!

I'm not currently working out regularly, but hope to be soon.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's not a diet, it's a macro split. I think your calorie goal is a bit low. At least eat back some of your exercise calories. Protein is a little high, but ok if you like eating lots of meat, eggs and fish. I think you should have more fat. But the most important thing is that this is something that will work if you can and will stick to it - because you'll be eating at a calorie deficit for a long time.

I'm definitely a meat eater. I set this calorie goal because I currently dont work out at all. When I start on my cardio I'll adjust.

I used to work out 2x a day 5 days a week... 5 years ago. I'm hoping the high protein will help me whip these muscles back into shape.

My breakfast is small and my lunch isn't much bigger. About 65% of my calories come at dinner time. My hope is that it makes me feel full before bed to limit snacking in the late night hours.

I'm at work for 11hrs a day and don't really think about food until I get home. This method is working for me so far. Only been about 3 days lol.