No more excuses

Options
I am not new to being active or eating healthy but i have always made excuses: I am too busy, im stressed so i need comfort food, i will start next week. I am trying to surround myself with motivated people.

Replies

• persephone145
    persephone145 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the exact same as you - I pushed myself to finally stop the excuses, and as of yesterday I just registered officially for a RunDisney 5k for April 2017. I've never done it before, heck I'm 68 pounds overweight and am NOT a runner. However - I needed something to push me like nothing else has. I'm sick of making excuses too - so I'll hang around with you for motivation if you'd like!
  • ibbruce1990
    ibbruce1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here, I am pretty active but I do not make good food choices. It is always I start tomorrow or only 1 will not be to bad. I need accountability because being accountable to myself right now is not enough. Sounds like you are on the right track - You will be successful!!!!
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I made excuses for the past 15 years as to why I can't lose weight and live healthy, and 2 of my favorites were: no money or time - with both of these I just had to juggle around my weekly schedule and monthly finances to make it happen. I cut the cable, lowered my car insurance and did MANY other things so I could afford this. I also made the leap and purchased a Bowflex home gym, which I have been wanting for years, and it's starting to pay off and show as I look in the mirror everyday, keeping me motivated to continue forward. What I have found through hard life experience is that you (not you personally, just in general :#) make time in your life for what's important, and if you don't want it bad enough the excuses will keep on coming. The yo yo weight loss crap has gone on for WAY to long because I let life and excuses get in the way, but no more. I am serious this time to lose the weight and keep it off - with everyone's help on here I hope to accomplish that.

• Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I also found it VERY helpful and motivating to write down your exact goals (what would you like to accomplish in a month, 3 months, 6 month and even a year from now - what do you want out of all this?? A healthy lifestyle, to fit back in jeans, be strong and muscular, etc. I wrote everything down, signed, dated, framed and hung up right next to my Bowflex so I see it every day - it does a good job keeping me motivated. Another good place to put it is on the mirror in the bathroom.
  • farnorth_8
    farnorth_8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get it! Feel free to add me. :-)
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the exact same as you - I pushed myself to finally stop the excuses, and as of yesterday I just registered officially for a RunDisney 5k for April 2017. I've never done it before, heck I'm 68 pounds overweight and am NOT a runner. However - I needed something to push me like nothing else has. I'm sick of making excuses too - so I'll hang around with you for motivation if you'd like!

Add me