Stay at home mom in need of support

Options
Being home all day with just a toddler is very discouraging, I put on 40 pounds during pregnancy and have only lost 15 in a year so obviously I need some help staying focused!

Replies

• aimeemarshall2009
    Options
    Im the same.. But ive actually put more on need to keep my head in the game and shift this 3 stone to feel better and healthier again
  • J_Ley
    J_Ley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I realize this isn't the most original response, but when I was a stay at home mom, I relied on fitness video programs. Something like Beachbody might be a great fit for you. I'm not affiliated with Beachbody at all, and I don't use their programs consistently anymore, but they are great for people who are home with small children. You have a structured program (there are many to choose from), and you have the support of a coach and online group.
    Or, do you have a gym near you with a childcare option? Fitness classes can be a great way to work out.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandma. I want to find ways to get you out of the house. If you and toddler are exposed to fresh, independent experiences I think you will both be happier. It's easier to diet from a happy place.

Do you go for a walk to the park daily?

Any moms and tots programs in your area? Babysitting exchange?

How about the library for story book time? You can cruise the adult section. You know, to remind yourself of adult things.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and I go to the gym when dad gets home from work. I need my ME time period. Not up for negotiation. Happy wife, happy life.
  • babybear_mt
    babybear_mt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Currently a SAHM to an amazing 6 month old boy. When he hit his 4 month mark, I decided that was time for me to lose the baby weight (plus the extra I had before I got pregnant). I will sometimes put him in the stroller and got for a walk. If he is playing good on the floor or in his jumper, I will sometimes get a YouTube workout in. My favorites are Jessica Smith videos, she's fabulous! Also, sometimes I'll just leave baby with his dad and go for a walk or jog myself, or hit up a cardio class we have here in my town at the church. Unfornutely, we don't have a gym here :-(