1200 cal

Options
Hi everyone I live in the uk. I need to loose 1 stone by may next year to get into my wedding dress. I find dieting very hard so I need some harsh friends to help me. I am on 1200 cal per day so would love some other who are on the same so I can view your food diaries and get some ideas on your snacks. I am a snicker rather than 3 meals a day. Thanks all you lovely people.

Replies

• jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I lost 91 pounds in 10 months. I am at 1200 calories now. If I want to eat, I exercise. If you do a 12 mile walk, you can eat an extra 720 calories. That amount in itself is a whole meal/multiple snacks.

I do not eat big in the morning or lunch. I am a night time dinner/snack machine. I save everything until the night, then I am full and go to bed happy. Easier to deal with cravings that way. Stay busy with work during the day and relax and eat at night.

Good luck and you can do it :)
  • w3nd
    w3nd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I set my numbers as wanting to loose 1lb per week and this is the amount that it set me. I do have to account for Christmas I don't want to deprive myself over Xmas. So a little gain there. Got a few parties coming up and alcohol will not help. But I do find it difficult to loose.
  • w3nd
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Losing 14 lbs is 7 months is really easy. Don't have an aggressive weight loss goal per week (1 lb would probably be ideal), eat adequate protein (~.8g per lb of weight) and if you want to look amazing in a wedding dress, than lift. Lifting or really resistance training, will help maintain your muscle mass, which means you will be losing almost all fat. This results in a lower body fat % quicker, which is actually want people want.

The way I look at it, why lose wight on 1200 when you can do it on higher and get better results.

• w3nd
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That's great advise. But at the moment I have a shoulder injury which means I can not pull push raise or carry anything in my left arm. This does make it extremely painful do exercise. At the moment I am able to use a treadmill which I do interval training. 45 sec walk at a 4mph with a 6% incline then 45 sec jog at a 6mph 6% incline for 30 mins. Also a 30 mins bike session on a hill programme. Not able to do much more at mo. Having an injection in the bursa on Monday hopeing that is gonna help. Realy need a shoulder decompression op.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am also around 1200 a day. Down about 20lbs of fat and added some muscle so far. Nice to meet you!
  • w3nd
    Options
    Sounds good. I will have to check your diary out to see if you have any good ideas for food. Good luck.
  • w3nd
    Options
    rosey35 wrote: »
    You have ages to lose a stone(14lbs) I would set myself to lose 1lbs a week, you are more likely to stick to it till may than if you are eating 1200 and feeling deprive.

I did set myself 1 lb per week and it set me at 1200 cal. Thought that was quite low myself.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Add me! I eat pretty well and I still enjoy all the things I love in moderation.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    w3nd wrote: »
    You have ages to lose a stone(14lbs) I would set myself to lose 1lbs a week, you are more likely to stick to it till may than if you are eating 1200 and feeling deprive.

I did set myself 1 lb per week and it set me at 1200 cal. Thought that was quite low myself.

What are your stats? Height, current weight, activity level?
  • RobynTheresa
    RobynTheresa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's great advise. But at the moment I have a shoulder injury which means I can not pull push raise or carry anything in my left arm. This does make it extremely painful do exercise. At the moment I am able to use a treadmill which I do interval training. 45 sec walk at a 4mph with a 6% incline then 45 sec jog at a 6mph 6% incline for 30 mins. Also a 30 mins bike session on a hill programme. Not able to do much more at mo. Having an injection in the bursa on Monday hopeing that is gonna help. Realy need a shoulder decompression op.

Concentrate on lower body resistance. So squats, lunges, banded crab walks, wall sits, box jumps etc.

If you are not already, see a physotherapist for the shoulder.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I live in the uk. I need to loose 1 stone by may next year to get into my wedding dress. I find dieting very hard so I need some harsh friends to help me. I am on 1200 cal per day so would love some other who are on the same so I can view your food diaries and get some ideas on your snacks. I am a snicker rather than 3 meals a day. Thanks all you lovely people.

Dieting IS hard when one's goals are more aggressive than they need to be. Since there is plenty of time to lose a 14 pounds by May, set your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 pounds per week and enjoy those extra calories.
  • w3nd
    Options

Concentrate on lower body resistance. So squats, lunges, banded crab walks, wall sits, box jumps etc.

If you are not already, see a physotherapist for the shoulder.

Gone through physio. They say I need surgery. So can't help anymore. Had one injection which never helped. That department said no point trying another as the first never worked. But I am under orthopaedic dept now. Who want to try another injection . If no luck with that then it's surgery. It's only taken the NHS 18 months to get to this point. Not bad ahh!
  • w3nd
    Options

What are your stats? Height, current weight, activity level?

Height 5ft 1inch weight 9 st 6 lbs I sit most of day as I am a phlebotomist. I exercise 2 to 3 times a week depending on if I can get the minion looked after. Some weeks I only get down there once a week. I have a 2 year old so not always sitting on my bum at home!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I set my numbers as wanting to loose 1lb per week and this is the amount that it set me. I do have to account for Christmas I don't want to deprive myself over Xmas. So a little gain there. Got a few parties coming up and alcohol will not help. But I do find it difficult to loose.

Read the thread carefully, and especially this:
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Dieting IS hard when one's goals are more aggressive than they need to be. Since there is plenty of time to lose a 14 pounds by May, set your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 pounds per week and enjoy those extra calories.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For the people commenting about 1200 being aggressive... Don't forget, a lot of us short girls have extremely low TDEE's even when set to lightly active. xD I maintain around 1500.