Apple cider vinegar

Options
Has anyone tried that apple cider vinegar stuff how did you use it and were there any side effects did it work i saw it on face book supposed to help with weight loss

Replies

• ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It won't help with weight loss. It has been shown to have some other health benefits, but you can also find reports out there claiming it hurts you in some ways too.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Maybe to induce vomiting, but no magical weight loss panacea. Calorie deficit will cause weight loss.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have any magical properties that help with weight loss...it is tasty in many BBQ recipes and I like using it in some of the dressings I make.

It does help with a charlie horse though...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It does not help with weight loss.

It makes a great addition to barbecue sauce, though.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I take ACV capsules for two reasons. 1) It helps with digestion and I have a hard time digesting fats (I'm eating LCHF). 2) For me, it does seem to help sweets cravings.

I don't see it directly impacting weight loss. If it helps with weight loss it's because I'm eating less sweets then I would be otherwise, but it doesn't "cause" weight loss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It doesn't have any magical properties that help with weight loss...it is tasty in many BBQ recipes and I like using it in some of the dressings I make.

Do you apply acv directly on the skin, like a salve? I get Charlie-horses frequently.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Do you apply acv directly on the skin, like a salve? I get Charlie-horses frequently.

Applying ACV directly to the skin does get rid of skin barnacles. I've done it two ways 1. put it on a piece of a cotton ball and used a band aid to get it to stick and 2. made a paste with bentonite clay powder.

I used to get Charley horses but no longer do - I think for me the cause was a vitamin deficiency that I have since corrected. My SO used to get them a lot but no more after upping his water consumption after passing kidney stones.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/muscle-spasms-cramps-charley-horse
  • cwolfman13
    edited October 2016
    Options

No, that's about the only time I'll shoot the stuff...I get really tight calves for whatever reason and charlie horses to follow...often after a long ride, even though I stretch and roll...the ACV seems to provide some quick relief...anecdotal as it is. My Dr. is the one who told me about it and he's not usually into woo and an avid cyclist like myself.
  • queenliz99
    Options

No, that's about the only time I'll shoot the stuff...I get really tight calves for whatever reason and charlie horses to follow...often after a long ride, even though I stretch and roll...the ACV seems to provide some quick relief...anecdotal as it is. My Dr. is the one who told me about it and he's not usually into woo and an avid cyclist like myself.

Cool. I have tight calves, too, from lots of hiking. Thanks, good to know.
  • queenliz99
    edited October 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Applying ACV directly to the skin does get rid of skin barnacles. I've done it two ways 1. put it on a piece of a cotton ball and used a band aid to get it to stick and 2. made a paste with bentonite clay powder.

I used to get Charley horses but no longer do - I think for me the cause was a vitamin deficiency that I have since corrected. My SO used to get them a lot but no more after upping his water consumption after passing kidney stones.

Ah, skin tags! I have a couple on my eyelid. Somehow applying vinegar close to my eye doesn't sound so good but good to know. Thank you
  • cwolfman13
    Options

worth a try...can't hurt...I wouldn't shoot that stuff too much though, wreck your teethe.
  • queenliz99
    Options

worth a try...can't hurt...I wouldn't shoot that stuff too much though, wreck your teethe.

I'll use a straw. Lol
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'll use a straw. Lol

There is a woman at my work who sips on grapefruit juice mixed with ACV and lemon wedges all day long. Every time I see it I think "what about your teeth!?!"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ah, skin tags! I have a couple on my eyelid. Somehow applying vinegar close to my eye doesn't sound so good but good to know. Thank you

Ow ow ow ow ow.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like it in salad dressing. It's also nice mixed with honey in hot water when I've got a cold.

Does bugger all for weight loss.