Can we be Keto friends?

Options
I'm new to the Ketogenic lifestyle and am looking to find friends for support and encouragement! My goal is to drop my body fat percentage from 28% to the 19/20% by Spring Break of 2017! Lets do this!

Replies

• JuliaMNorman
    JuliaMNorman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to keto too! Seems like a lot to take in at first but I'm up for the challenge.
  • mxndva
    mxndva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting also. yeah, let's be friends. I have a trainer that is walking me through this, but I'm going to need support
  • keta8888
    keta8888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting keto and would like to share tips and stories
  • PamSwift
    PamSwift Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this also and could use all the help I can get.
  • keta8888
    Options
    We need an old hand to help us all. Do any of you Test your blood Suggs for ketone? I'm waiting for my glucometer to arrive
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am working on a low carb way of eating. I have tried Atkins several times, each time with better results than counting calories. I would like to be friends but I don't check for keytones. I did use the sticks once before but I am not that strict on myself this time. I do have good luck with low carb eating.
  • stephanieloves2Bfit
    Options
    keta8888, I have not used a glucometer, but I've thought about trying one because I know my Ketostix are not as reliable as a blood test. Please keep me posted on the ease and accuracy of yours. Thanks!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Also a starter here....but not until Monday, I am hosting a 7 year old's Bday party on Saturday and making the cake, the mom is bringing Lasagna and I have to go shopping for the right foods to begin this plan. I also have to make sure I have foods to add to my husbands dinners as he is not joining me on this.
  • HoopingFanatic
    HoopingFanatic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting keto over again, as I fell off the wagon once or twice. Check out this group for support: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group :)
  • MLP825
    MLP825 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on a Keto WOE since September and lost some weight that I otherwise could not get rid of! I cannot exercise much due to chronic back pain, but this WOE is easy and I am never hungry.
  • ashleyharrison3914
    ashleyharrison3914 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just started keto and share my diary, would like other friends who do the same for accountability and inspiration.
  • keta8888
    Options
    keta8888, I have not used a glucometer, but I've thought about trying one because I know my Ketostix are not as reliable as a blood test. Please keep me posted on the ease and accuracy of yours. Thanks!

I just bought one and my keto reading was 0.1. I was wondering what number do we aim for to get our bodies metabolizing fat? Am I in the zone or not? I've been adjusting to keto for one week.
  • keta8888
    Options
    MLP825 wrote: »
    I have been on a Keto WOE since September and lost some weight that I otherwise could not get rid of! I cannot exercise much due to chronic back pain, but this WOE is easy and I am never hungry.

What is keto WOE?
  • fessy86
    fessy86 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't know for certain, but I see WOE as "Way of eating". I could be WAY off though. I started Keto back in May for two months. I started at 244lbs and lost 17 lbs in May/June. I have a dad body and was 28% body fat. I don't really know what I am now. I stopped Keto for the whole month of July knowing that I would be on a month long Keys vacation. That month I drank lots of beer, ate lots of sandwiches (being on an boat most days all day). I was surprised when I came back that my body adjusted. I didn't gain ANY weight. I haven't been as strict since I got back. Going in and out of keto 3-4 times. I'm currently in keto and want to see if I can drop another 10 lbs before Thanksgiving. I can eat the same things every day so my diet consists of hard boiled eggs in the morning with coffee w/ coconut cream and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Some mornings I do bacon or a cold cut (I want to stop the cold cuts). Lunch will usually be an Atkins tv dinner if I'm at home (I work from home). However, if I'm out and don't have a planned meal, I'll go through Wendy's and get a baconator sans bun. They know the deal and package it perfectly and put the mayo on the side without asking. For dinner, my wife is awesome and makes net carb friendly salads with either chicken, steak, or fish. Either that or the meat with an awesome cauliflower rice side and a keto friendly veg side. I just don't partake in the mac and cheese made for the kids.

My snacks are macadamia nuts. They are 22g of fat for a 1/4 cup. Costco also has some Kirkland protein bars that are the best I've had and only 4 net carbs. They're actually very delicious. Some people heat them in the mic for 10 seconds but I don't.

Oh, and my drink of choice when I do is either Tito's Vodka or Plymoth Gin with those la croix sparkling waters w/ lime.

Good luck!
  • CdnLee
    CdnLee Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi.. I am on my 3rd day of the keto diet. I have a co-worker friend that looks amazing. I've tried every diet, it seems, but I was always hungry. I love the keto way of eating but miss apples, and I'm looking for carb-friendly dessert. I am learning a lot on fb, and will need to spend money on good salmon again. I have 40 lbs to lose.
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi... I have been Keto for a few weeks now. It's going great. Would love more Keto friends as well. Feel free to add me!
  • John_inSeattle
    John_inSeattle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sure! I've just finished my 6th week of keto and have lost 12 lbs so far. I can't tell you how happy I am with this change in my relationship with food. Despite eating far fewer calories than I used to, I feel energized and enthusiastic about my ability to eventually achieve a level of health and fitness I haven't known since my 20's (I'm 54).
  • keta8888
    Options

My rasping today is 0.4 but i feel awful. Nausea headache and yuk.
    Keto flu?
  • keta8888
    Options
    How do you know when you reach ketosis?
  • keta8888
    Options
    I just found out that you are in ketosis when you're voice ketone reading is 0.4 to 3.0. There is no benefit in going above that apparantly. Dam. Just 0.1 pin off ketosis. Sad face