Exercise

Options
raythebae
raythebae Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
Hi all!
I'm just curious how you log your exercise. Do you wait until after your workout? Or like with planned things (i.e. I have ballet class every night) would you enter it in the morning so you know how much you can eat?

Also, will mfp go under a certain calorie count? I was trying to count calories on my own before I found this and my estimates to drop 2 lbs a week seemed lower than the 1200 mfp is suggesting.

Sorry I'm new here so idk if this is the right forum for this... if not please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• raythebae
    raythebae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! That makes a lot of sense!!! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? If you selected 2 pounds a week and MFP gave you 1200 calories (the lowest it will go), then you likely chose too aggressive a goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I only log it after it... mainly because I don't know exactly what I'm going to do until I do it!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I log after and only the exact numbers that my Fitbit has tracked as a workout, which may be less than the actual time spent in the dojo or trimming hooves.

I use my Fitbit Data a little differently than the standard in that I don't allow Fitbit to adjust my MFP calorie goal. I prefer to handle that myself.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    1200 is too low for most people.

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I log exercise after doing it. I log exact calories from my garmin or treadmill, which are lower than what MFP would give me.