260lbs was My Wakeup Call!!

Options
Klitt86
Klitt86 Posts: 24 Member
Hi all!!! Please feel free to add me!! I'm a stay at home mom of 4 kids and after reaching my heaviest of 260lbs, I could feel my weight taking a toll on my body because my ankles and feet were always killing me from rapidly gaining weight. I made up my mind I wasn't going to hit 261lbs so I started my journey on Sept. 27, the day before my son's 9th birthday and in two weeks I'm down to 250. It's not much but it's a start!!

Please feel free to add me!!! I love adding different types of friends who do all different workouts and diets so I can get an all around perspective!!

Replies

• Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    275 lbs was mine! I had my wakeup call last year and have since gotten down 115lbs, but I still have 20 left to go and from what I can tell, that might take as long as the first 100. I always welcome new friends :smiley:
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in less than a month? That IS a lot!! I'm happy I've lost 5 pounds in 2 months!

Always was sort of in the process of trying to to lose weight but not usually super serious or comitted... but health issues followed by surgery, recovery, and fighting my way back to good health gave me a new perspective. Now losing weight isn't about looking cuter in clothes or getting rid of my belly because it sticks out... it's about being as healthy as possible for as long as possible- and reaching & maintaining a healthy weight will help with that. Once you've been really ill or almost died things get serious! No more messing around, I'm comitted. So far so good too :)
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    268 lbs! :s and Type II diabetic....
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ill add you- I need support also. Good luck!
  • katieftv3005
    katieftv3005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is a fantastic start.... you should be proud. I've added you so we can encourage and motivate.... I need motivating especially food side of things think I've got the exercise sussed!!!!
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    welcome, wishing you all nothing but success along your journey :) Your all more than welcome to add me:)
  • enmonteith
    enmonteith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to join in. I have gotten my motivation back so I am ready to start over with my weight loss journey. I need some accountability!
  • jcmoxegrl
    jcmoxegrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I am on a similar journey! you're an inspiration !
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    250 was my wakeup call. I started my journey in March. I've lost 61lbs so far... 39 more to reach my goal! I sent u a request
  • slim372
    slim372 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I would like to join in too..at 196lbs and climbing ..I really need to focus and be committed
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well done! Mine was 276Ibs. I'm down to 206Ibs now :)