Kale is soo the new potato chips!

Options
kenzietea
kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
Lay out kale on a baking sheet. Spray with a light coating of olive oil and salt. Let bake at 450 for about 5 minutes, or until crispy. Don't let it turn brown though. Let cool and enjoy =)

They taste incredible and you can control portion size by making it yourself!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I do this but at a lower temperature so it doesn't burn- 325 for 10-15 minutes. My CSA gave me a ton of kale...In fact, I just had some kale chips with my lunch today!
  • StevenJS86
    StevenJS86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ima try this :)!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I do this with baby spinach...but I haven't tried kale yet =D.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Careful with the salt also, the first time I did this it was way too salty! I guess kale already has a salty taste, so a little goes a long way!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Careful with the salt also, the first time I did this it was way too salty! I guess kale already has a salty taste, so a little goes a long way!

This. I did the same thing lol. I think it's just that they're so thin and light...it doesn't take much seasoning to overpower the chip.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ive been hearing this. Hopefully we will get some kale from our CSA and I will try it. I buy Kale all the time but usually its for the lizard! Doh!
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i used to buy kale for the guinea pigs. I haven't bought it in quite some time now that they've been gone. I saw Hungry Girl do an episode on kale chips though. Looked interesting.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I tried it after watching Hungry girl. Yuck, I must have done something wrong. I might try it again, not sure.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Good stuff!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Kale isn't for everyone. If you like Spinach, it has a milder flavor and you can do it the same way. My friend calls it the pork rinds for vegetarians. lol =)
    i used to buy kale for the guinea pigs. I haven't bought it in quite some time now that they've been gone. I saw Hungry Girl do an episode on kale chips though. Looked interesting.