Breakfast Ideas

Options
Typically I don't have time to make a breakfast in the morning. Usually have a yogurt and piece of fruit or bowl of "healthier" cereal at work. Looking for some ideas on quick prep meals or things for on the go. Getting tired of the same routine.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you have to eat breakfast? I don't eat breakfast.

z0id2e3hl518.png

Overnight oats.

http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/overnightoats
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thanks. Guess I don't but everything I read strongly recommends it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    One of the best parts of being an adult means you can eat or not eat whatever you want for breakfast. Or not eat breakfast at all.

I had spaghetti leftovers today.

Yesterday, pumpkin pie and eggs.

Day before...an apple and cheese.

Before that, chili and eggs. (takes ten minutes)

Whatever is around, is fair game.
  • Alipet0813
    Alipet0813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kodiak protein pancakes. I make them earlier in the week and then warm up in the morning. If you like chocolate the dark chocolate flavor is amazing. up to 21g of protein per serving.
    Also, I like a protein shake and maybe some whole grain toast or fruit for a carb.
    Another common breakfast for me is overnight steel cut oats. I make enough for the week. You should add some protein with that.
    My husband's favorite is to cook turkey sausage and egg whites together and have a breakfast burrito with some salsa.
  • missrebekahleigh
    missrebekahleigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes are great. You can make them for a week and just heat them up as needed. Overnight oats, or oatmeal are quick. You can also do egg muffins with different veggies, you can make them for a whole week and heat them up for a few seconds in the morning.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    I keep hard boiled eggs in the frig and have one for breakfast with a cup of coffee. It's also a great on-the-go breakfast to eat on the way to work.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like hard boiled eggs, egg muffins, frittatas, egg bakes, etc. Sometimes I chop and weigh my veggies so I can make a quick scramble or omelette in the morning, but usually prefer to heat and eat.
    Another option is to make some freezer burritos. I make them for my family - saute veggies, optional ham, bacon, or sausage, scramble eggs or egg whites, optional cheese all in a low calorie wrap.
    Flash freeze and heat and eat during the week.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Overnight oats, or blender made protein shakes are great, and last a while before I get hungry. You can learn to do oven baked scramble eggs, and serve it out reheated over 4 days.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thanks. Guess I don't but everything I read strongly recommends it.

Many people feel much better waiting until 11 or noon for the first meal of their day. The only ones pushing breakfast are companies selling breakfast foods. If YOU feel better eating in the morning, great. There are great ideas here, and more. But if not, save your calories for meals you enjoy more.
  • rome_411
    rome_411 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My go to is a Jimmy Dean Delights Whole Grain English Muffin with egg white, turkey sausage, and cheese and a protein shake made with almond milk and half a banana.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I alternate between whole oats with some peanut butter added and some sliced banana and drizzle of honey and an omelette with a bit of cheese and red chile with whole grain toast and a banana.

I make both the night before...and I do both in the microwave. It takes two minutes to make my omelette in the microwave and four minutes for my oats.
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of breakfast food so I just eat half an avocado and a slice of whole wheat bread with Nutella and bananas. It works for me!
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like Jimmy Deans frittatas and Special K crustless quiche, both are delicious and easy to have on hand in the freezer for lazy mornings when I need something quick I can heat up at work.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The first meal of the day can occur at any time that works for you. It does not have to be when you first wake up. Some people eat their first meal at lunch time or later.
    For example, see Intermittent Fasting: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting