The HORRIBLE thing about Halloween candy...

Options
TiAnV
TiAnV Posts: 4 Member
Is that when it's around, I HAVE TO EAT IT. And I NEVER eat candy!

This is the first year that my daughter will trick-or-treat or participate in Halloween themed events (she is 3) and she already has a pumpkin full of candy at the house. Every morning I make my husband put it in the cupboard above the refrigerator so that I can't reach it. But I mean really, what kind of grown-*kitten* woman can't resist a toddler's candy? Shameful!

Replies

• shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The problem is that I have to hand it out to others instead of keeping it for myself :(
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TiAnV wrote: »
    Is that when it's around, I HAVE TO EAT IT. And I NEVER eat candy!

This is the first year that my daughter will trick-or-treat or participate in Halloween themed events (she is 3) and she already has a pumpkin full of candy at the house. Every morning I make my husband put it in the cupboard above the refrigerator so that I can't reach it. But I mean really, what kind of grown-*kitten* woman can't resist a toddler's candy? Shameful!

It's not shameful. It's known as a trigger. Happens to me too. I log it which helps me know how much I really am eating, it helps alittle. Also, if I can, I keep it out of sight. But being mindful is very important. I know this happens to me now and have done much better this year then last year.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    The horrible thing is when you eat all the good stuff you like first and only have those orange and black taffy things, circus peanuts, and sixlets left.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    The horrible thing about Halloween candy is when it runs out B)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Go find a really good tasting protein bar, like Fit Crunch, Med-RX, etc. and snack on that instead of the candy this Halloween. Heck, the Fit-Crunch bars taste like a candy bar anyway. Give the candy away. At the end of the night when the grandkids have gone home, and we're ready to flip off the lights the last trick-or-treater gets a crapload of candy from me lol.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I won't eat the candy bars but love those awful candy corns.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful I made it to my goal range before Halloween...I have no control when it comes to candy on Halloween...the rest of the year I'm fine but...Halloween? fo-gett-about-it! :lol:
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    I won't eat the candy bars but love those awful candy corns.

When we were kids, we would pinch off the white tip of candy corn, and insist to Mom and Dad that we lost another tooth!!!!
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The most horrible thing about Halloween candy is that its smell permeates two aisles in each direction.

This stuff is encased in plastic bags. How can the smell be so strong? Do you think they spray candy-scented perfume to entice us to buy it?

(I don't need any enticement. I need a shock collar to zap me if I even look in its direction!)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Halloween Candy?

Kids, don't do ghetto drugs.

instead.....

godiva.jpg
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Halloween Candy?

instead.....

godiva.jpg

You evil evil man!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I buy holloween candy for the tricker treater's every year. Haven't had a single kid come by in 6 years. But you know just incase some kid wants to walk down a dark, dead end road then turn down a long dark driveway and then knock on the door of a house with no lights on.
    I think I'll get nerds this year.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Halloween Candy?

instead.....

godiva.jpg

You evil evil man!

thanks?
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The problem with Halloween candy is that I dont have any right now!