Hello everyone! I'm new to MyFitnessPal and starting on my new keto diet

Options
I have set myself a goal weight and am determined to get there. I know it won't happen overnight. I've lost five stone in two years and now would like to lose another four. I have started on a ketogenic diet which has been very hard and extremely challenging for me, but I am determined to continue.
I would like to start running. I have bought all the kit, but I'm just too embarrassed to start running Incase people see me! I think I need to lose a bit more before I can muster the courage.

Replies

• merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 of keto, not gonna lie it's tough. Best thing is lots of water and constantly try new recipes. Friend me if you want, we can trade recipes
  • Arrenn2010
    Arrenn2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been keto for 2 years! Best thing ever!
  • kmairis
    kmairis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it much easier to decline offers of biscuits and chocolate etc which I didn't think would ever happen. I have always had a very sweet tooth. My saving grace is sugar free jelly! I'm loving how much variety I can eat without missing traditional staples such as rice or bread. I really didn't think I would get this far without quitting.I've been on my keto plan since September now. The start was just awful, but I feel so much better for it now.
  • CdnLee
    CdnLee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's my 3rd day following the keto diet. I am a carb-aholic and ate an apple yesterday and killed my carb total. So, struggling a bit but am feeling good. I have 40 lbs to lose.
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Remember to subtract fiber from carbs to get net carbs.