30 Day Shred....

Options
I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday. I am debating whether I should go at it 30 days straight or have rest days in between?? What do you recommend? also the way it's logged in MFP is under Circuit Training correct? Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would keep it going for 30 days straight to get the best results! Most people log it under circuit training so I would continue with that!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am doing it but I take breaks. I am a few days behind... But usually try to do 6 days a week. I should be on phase 3 but I want to fit in a few more of phase two.
    I log as circuit training
  • lggarland
    lggarland Posts: 9
    Options
    you should rest 1 or 2 days a week. I log it as circuit training general for 24 minutes. good luck!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I found it very helpful to take breaks, because some days I'd be so tired that I'd get half the exercises done. You should figure out what works for you, maybe you're in better shape than me! It is designed to do in 30 straight days.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it every day because I have a vacation coming up. I keep the weights low (2 lbs) because I'm doing other weight workouts MWF and don't want to risk injury. Also I listen to my body and if something seems like it might cause an injury, I'll do the modification exercises instead. I log it as circuit training too.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I think the point of the 30ds is you do it for 30 days straight.... Though I've never managed it! Nor managed to get last level 2!! I have a HRM so I don't know what YOu'd log it as on here but circuit training sounds about right ...

Good luck!
  • heather752
    heather752 Posts: 17
    Options
    My vote is for every day! That way you can get maximum results! Your body does get used to it. I am on day 7 and after my first day I thought I would literally die! Now I can keep up with little problems!
    I also keep telling everyone this.........Do more stretching before and after than what is on the DVD.