words that annoy you

Options

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with "mind blown." I never really liked it, but once I was in an elevator with a friend and this guy said something like "My mind was completely blown when I heard that." When we walked out my friend goes, " I wonder who sucked his mind." I can't help but laugh every time I hear that phrase now.

I'm totally guilty of using at least half of the words/phrases mentioned here. Oh well, guess you can't please everyone!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this counts but working in sales I get the term "you people" thrown around a lot and as soon as i hear it I become livid!

I here that one all day long. I like to inform the person I am speaking to that I am not aware of a You People currently working here but I would be happy to assist them.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cake
    coke

they both have 2 "k" noises, which i hate, and are especially annoying if the person clicks their spit while saying it. ew!
  • jenfitz34
    jenfitz34 Posts: 31
    Options
    when someone say "war-ter" instead of "WATER"
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I love to use the word irregardless. I always love when someone tries to point out that it is not a real word, so I can direct them to the dictionary. It may be archaic, but it is a word. Irregardless of whether they like it or not.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Moist

I have never liked that word

Moist is the most horrid word on the planet.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Moist

I have never liked that word

Moist is the most horrid word on the planet.

Ugh! I hate that word too. My boyfriend says it all the time just to gross me out.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    "Moot" as in "its a moot point"... Then it drives me crazy when people say "mute point" instead.... A lady I used to work with used the expression ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

My HUSBAND does this ALL the time!
  • TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    Not gonna lie, some of these are on anal levels of petty xD

anal, another one
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Moist
    Ointment
    Plump
    Squeegie (sp?)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. Why not say "vibrator"? *kitten* just sounds bad.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    moist and eventually. I hate both words for some reason. And I also really hate when people say 'wally world' or 'brain fart'. I hear both phrases all the time here!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    OMG I hate "wally-world" and I LOATHE Tar-jayy instead of Target...trying to make it sound fancy.

-_-
  • SarahC75
    SarahC75 Posts: 45
    Options
    I hate the word "yummy". I feel like it should only be used when speaking directly to someone under the age of 5.

Exactly this! ^^^^
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    "Festive;" from September through the end of the year it crops up in every other sentence -- even more so where the author fears stepping on someone's overly sensitive holiday toes. Decorating magazines are the WORST with this. No, sweetheart your home does not look "festive"...it looks like a gang of teenagers vandalized it with gold spray paint.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Not all *kitten* vibrate. Some hold political office.
  • Mad4bullies
    Mad4bullies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard people say "take for granite"? It's actually "take for granted", but I swear more people say granite which cracks me up... and my mister says "idear" and I have to mimic him every time!
  • ♥pfae♥
    ♥pfae♥ Posts: 37
    Options
    mmmmmkay instead of okay
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Not all *kitten* vibrate. Some hold political office.

That there is funny, I don't care who you are.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    "Festive;" from September through the end of the year it crops up in every other sentence -- even more so where the author fears stepping on someone's overly sensitive holiday toes. Decorating magazines are the WORST with this. No, sweetheart your home does not look "festive"...it looks like a gang of teenagers vandalized it with gold spray paint.

What's wrong with house decorating?? And what's wrong with being festive?? I don't like people who behave like scrooge, lol. If you hate Christmas, that's alright. But don't rain on my parade! :laugh: