Calories Burned in a Week/Month Challenge Starting 7.12.11

Options
samb
samb Posts: 464 Member
Hey guys! This will be the challenge's forum so we can get to know one another and support each other!!
Today, Tues 7/12/11 is our start date. It will end Monday 8/9/11.

First of all these are our current participants:
samb (me), mase1432, winsomeraces, truckininthelbsoff, abnemeth, diesel veins, dcmat, dorairwin, kymmochi, nosey_rosey, dancingyogini, piratejenny, and dawls. There may be a few more added by tomorrow which I will post on here. I suggest you become friends with them and help support them! We all want everyone to be a "loser" here! ;)

Basically you are going to just burn as many calories as you can each day and send them to me by the end of the day, even if it is 0.

To win: you will have to have burned the most calories for the week (Tues-Mon) to win the week. To win the whole game/the month you must have burned the most calories throughout the month. Pretty simple.

Heres the twist: There will be one random day each week that will be a double day meaning if you burn 1000 calories, you get credit for burning 2000 calories, to keep it interesting. They will be: the first day T 7/12, W 7/20, W 7/27, and the last day Mon 8/9! So people usually save their longer workouts for those days :)

If you all could give a little introduction about yourself so we can get to know everyone that would be great! Thanks! And Good luck!! :)

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    No-one talking?

Shame it isn't running from last Saturday, with Sunday double cals- lol!
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    hey its already the end of tuesday for me! im in china so im like a day ahead than everyone else... and i only joined a few hours ago so barely any exercise for me today :( oh well! tomorrow tomorrow!!!
  • samb
    Options
    Haha well now you get to re-do it this weekend ;) Dawls if you want you can make weds be your start instead of tuesday. that only seems fair.
  • TruckinTheLBSoff
    Options
    Hello all...

My name is J.P. and you can add me if you like. I am joining this challenge for something more than just fun, I am on a mission to loose weight. Simple and easy.

If you want to know more about me, read my profile and you will learn a lot about my journey and what has caused me to start it.

I also started a Blog in memory of my best friend of 30 + years that I lost last week. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TruckinTheLBSoff/view/100-lbs-in-100-days-personal-challenge-123409

Let's have some fun and ALL become losers....

J.P.
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi , my name is dorairwin. You can add me if you like or you probally see friend reqest from me :flowerforyou:

I am joining this challenge for something more than just fun, I am on a mission to loose weight. You all rock . We can do this :-)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Is this a closed Challenge or can I still join? Also, calorie burns are only for Tues-F or is it M-Sun?
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Todays burn = 2615 cals (5230 doubled - thats only 271 short of last Sundays ride)
  • ABNemeth
    ABNemeth Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everybody,

My name is Akos, I live in Canada west coast. Well, I think I am here for to encourage people can set there goal higher and don't be affraid to work for it!
    I am a former olympicon in Swimming and Modern Pentathlon (5 sports together, like triathlon).
    These days I teach spinning class every second day and guideing white water raft on the weekends.
    We can win this competition, and learn how to reach our goals.

Lets have fun and kick some butts lol

CHEERS
  • ABNemeth
    ABNemeth Posts: 6
    Options
    Todays burn = 2220 cals (4440 doubled)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... my name is Sabrina aka: nosey_rosey =) I love a challenge... seems like I push harder when I am involved with a group!

Calories today 1922 (doubled=3844)
  • samb
    Options
    wow you all are incredible wtg!! :D keep up the great work!
  • CajunCubsFan
    CajunCubsFan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want in, I'm a 35 year old father of two and I have been Married for 12 years. My wife is a great cook and it shows on me. I'm read you get back down to 250 or lower and be in the best shape of my life!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) I recognize a few of you the rest of you I'm looking forward to getting to know. My name is Sarah, I'm 23 and live in Ohio. I've been working out and working on this journey since December 2010 and have lost 38 pounds. I'm working on losing 105 more before I consider recalculating and seeing if I would like to go lower or stay at the weight. I work out every day and its become my stress reliever and one of my favorite things to do.

If you want to add me I would love that! Lets be friends and get this burn going!
  • samb
    Options
    You are all doing terrific on our first day of the challenge!!! You all really know how to bring it!! WTG!! :D

If you haven't sent me your cals burned today please send those over or post them on here. Thank you!

Once I hear from everyone I will post the results! :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
    Today I had a burn of 1,310 calories.
  • Kymmochi
    Kymmochi Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey y'all, my names Kim and today I burned a total of.. (drumroll) 1188 calories! :D:D:D

double that is 2376
  • Kymmochi
    Kymmochi Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh and feel free to add me! ^^
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
    mine is not doubled.
  • dorairwin
    Options
    wow you all are incredible wtg!! thats allot if calories burned..
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Calories burn 547 (double) = 1094