Where do I store my keys when running outside?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have one of these and I love it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLZU9L8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put my cell phone in it, my gps (I have a bike one so no arm band), a poop bag and dog treats.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I run from home and leave my door unlocked. The dog takes guard duty pretty seriously.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    but seriously zipper pockets. My van has a remote key but a backup door key inside of it which can be copied and carried with me I would just hide my keys inside the vehicle somewhere and just lock them in.
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hmm I don't know how well my key would work towards my shoe laces. I just did a quick trial on my draw string..does the trick but a lot of banging going on down there if you know what I mean. I'm thinking that wrist thing would drive me bonkers as well.

I'll probably look into getting the zipper shorts or the flip belt thingy.

oxrddfn7fw99.jpg

Appreciate all the feed back!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I mostly leave my key at home because my honey is likely to be there when I get back, and we have a combination-lock spare key outside the door.

This is my favorite jacket for most activities. Notice the shoulder pocket, with zipper. A single key lays flat like it isn't there. This is great for my car key when I drive my bike somewhere.

8748fd7cc6daefe61511a045eb6ec33e.jpg
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I hide mine in the coil type thing above my left front tire of my car. I drive to the lake to do my runs. I pretend I am checking out my tire if anyone is around and then slip it up there. Or the curve of your bumper.

I also have a house key hidden at home in a special spot.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I safety pin my key ring to the inside of my pocket or waistband.

I do this too. Zippered pockets or hidden waistband pockets also work. But safety pin for anything lacking the right kind of pocket.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Take off just the key that opens the door to start.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I have my house key attached to the rest of my key ring with a small carabiner clip so it's easy to pull my house key on and off the ring. I have an armband for my phone that includes a small pocket for a key, which fits my house key perfectly. (I found out a few weeks ago at a 5k that the pocket does not fit my car key, but I sort of just stuffed it behind my phone and it worked well).
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Zip pocket or belt for car key. Outside door, police approved key safe for front door so I don't have to carry one at home, and saves kids carrying keys if I'm out for a run and they come home. Had to change the locks too many times for forgetful teenagers, so now they share the one key. Major benefit for keyless running too.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pockets. All of my running shorts and tights have pockets.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Run buddy also known as buddy pouch. On Amazon.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    hlektra28 wrote: »
    this work for me !!!!
    @hlektra28

You should either edit your previous post with a pic of the key to delete the pic or ask for the post to be deleted.

With current technology, people can digitize that pic and make a duplicate key. Since MFP posts are public, a hacker could find this pic.

Tip: never post a pic of your keys on the internet.

Wut?
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I run from home and leave my door unlocked. The dog takes guard duty pretty seriously.

This. Also, mine goes in my bra if not, but I'm gonna guess that doesn't help you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I tie just my house key or just my car key into the tie of my shorts.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Triathlon shorts have compression panels which help muscle fatigue and usually have two small pockets over each butt cheek to put gel packs. Can't advocate those enough. Over 10 miles those things make a difference.

The runners belt with the expanding pouch works. If you run early in the morning and use a reflective band they are easy to swipe your gf's hair rubber band and secure your key to it.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    tie them into your shoelaces.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use to have a little velcro wrist band with a zipper pouch. Something promotional that I got for free.

Too, we all have special work-out set of keys! haha!
  • MichaelJSwann
    MichaelJSwann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Nike shorts I wear when walking/running have two small pockets. In the inner one I put my Fitbit One for tracking my steps. In the rear zip-up pocket I put my keys. I only take the keys I need to get through the front door (2 keys on a Lego minifig keyring). The rest I leave at home. I have them an a small karabiner so they clip on and off my main keyring easily.