When do people notice your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I have lost just over 53 lbs and only one person has commented (and that was my male boss LOL).

I guess a couple of others have said something but they know I'm cutting calories.

You would probably have to "fish" for the complements by mentioning something about losing 50 pounds to friends and family to break the ice (so they know it is okay to comment).
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was in stealth mode till it got too obvious. A few people were hesitant to bring it up, but I think it's for the reasons mentioned above--not considered appropriate to do so. I think I started to get comments around the 25 lb mark.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Starting at 250. It was about 40 pounds for me .. So about 20 percent weight loss Imop
    Good luck
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are you tall? Weight is easier to hide on a tall body, and it's harder to notice when you've lost some. Also, if people have noticed your face slimming down, they might not have said anything because they thought their words might sound offensive in some way.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 191 to 146 within a year. No one has noticed and I'm glad no one has. I still wear the same clothes as before so thats probably why. Anyway...celebrate being healthier and leaner! At the end of the day, it's for you and no one else.
  • L1p0
    L1p0 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    With me, people started noticing at around 20kg's. After 40kg's it seems to be all they ever talk about.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lose weight for yourself, not for others. If people do notice or comment that's a nice ego boost but remember you're doing it for you!
  • Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great answers!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I tend to notice other people's loss when they hit the 40# mark. That seems to be holding true for me as well. Most people didn't notice when I hit 15 but I did. I suspect when I near 40 it will get more noticeable.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I'd say around 50lbs people started approaching me about it. Now that I'm maintaining a 90lb loss they now won't shut up about how I lost too much. Silence can be golden ;)

To be fair, @JessicaMcB , you've admitted on other threads that you're underweight now and can't stop losing. They might actually have a valid concern.
  • camy4dfied
    camy4dfied Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10...I gain my weight in odd places and nobody ever notices my weight gain or loss...I've lost 20 but I kind of prefer nobody talks about it
  • Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Interesting!
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Around 40. But I started very heavy.
  • mollosa
    mollosa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread for me to find today - yesterday I was with some close friends who I haven't seen since I lost weight. My best friend noticed my weight loss. But none of the other 4 said a damn thing. These are friends I have had for 25+ years. I have lost 18.7kg - down from 109.7kg to 91kg. I was feeling miffed but after seeing other people's responses, I guess it's common.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    for me it was around 25 pounds.... I think the above posters are right, some people , especially people who have never struggled with their weight, are worried they will insult you. Sometimes, I think it is the the increased confidence and the way you carry yourself that gets you noticed... not the number.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    For me its when I get gaunt, and then what I get is concern.