Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 (or close enough for gov't work) and currently 185. I lost quite a bit here before really getting into the philosophy of heavy lifty and eating A LOT of food... Had my own medical issues that were quite devastating and left me unable to work out for quite a while.... I still won't be able to do heavy lifting
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Well that had a lot more in it.. Sorry!! Hope to post my own progress one day!!
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this to read later!
  • dana7dana7
    dana7dana7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aimers7678
    aimers7678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know if my progress is quite visible yet. But I lost 21 lbs and I wanna show off!

I started at 219 lbs
    cw: 198
    gw:150? Idk we'll see when I get close

9pp2kf8ka714.png

Edit: I'm 5'8"

Great job! It's most visible in your face! Keep it up!
  • aimers7678
    aimers7678 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This post is very inspiring!
    5'9"
    SW 190
    GW 170
    At 24 years old I hit my heaviest of 195. Lost 20ish pounds SO QUICKLY AND EASILY!!! Damn I wish we could stay 25 forever. I had NO idea then! I maintained 170-175 for many years... Been slowly gaining over last couple years to being almost back to my heaviest. Im 38 now. Felt awesome and looked pretty good at 160, during a deployment at 29yo, but right now I'm having a hard time fathoming getting that low again. 140s? Sounds completely impossible. Thanks for the inspiring pics!
    I hope to post some of my own soon. I have a nutritionist who is encouraging me not to worry so much about calorie counting as on mindfulness and less simple carbs. Increasing protein and good fat and cutting down on the sugar.
  • Maaa88
    Maaa88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone looks great. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Need to loose weight , and how do I add friends?
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got down to 152 and then had three very stressful weeks where I was overeating by 500 calories a day and went up to 156. Five days ago I realized that I either had to give up or recommit. I recommited and it was super hard (harder than the first week I started on this program) but now I'm down to 154 again. I know these seem like small numbers but I know from past experience that the range between 150 and 156 is when I have to work the hardest and watch each pound.
  • blackchick46
    blackchick46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    great inspiration
  • trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like some creepy creeper, you all are doing amazing! Keep kicking *kitten* and taking names.
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kpressnell2017
    kpressnell2017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5ft9
    Sw - 265 (or more stopped looking was pregnant with my second)
    Cw - 243-244
    Gw - 150

Ladies I need advice!!! I'm currently 8 months PP and workout 5 days a week and cannot move from this amount!! I've been eating where it set me at (1800)

What did everyone who had gotten to goal eat around? I know everyone is different just need some advice
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    @kpressnell2017
    5ft9
    Cw - 243-244
    Gw - 150

Ladies I need advice!!! I'm currently 8 months PP and workout 5 days a week and cannot move from this amount!! I've been eating where it set me at (1800)

What did everyone who had gotten to goal eat around? I know everyone is different just need some advice

I haven't gotten to goal, but I did notice that I needed to cut back from what MFP recommended in order to lose.

SW 300
    CW 210
    GW 175
    5'8"

My calories are set at 1290 now to lose 2lb/wk. I religiously weigh and record everything. I workout 6 days per week. But I have to stick to 1200 to lose about 1 lb/wk. So I eat less than MFP suggests and do not eat back exercise calories and don't lose as much as they say. You may just need to cut back and see if it helps.

• dana7dana7
    dana7dana7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5ft9
    Cw - 243-244
    Gw - 150

Idk if you are breast feeding or not. I am so at 8 months I was eating 1950 calls and I loss about .6 lbs a week and have since she is 3 months old when I started. I keep lowering my caps down by 50 but I will not be eating less then 1700 ever. If your working out there is no reason to eat 1200 cake a day you willl just starve. And if u are breast feeding you will dry up eating that little
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    eat 1200 cake a day

Funny slip. :smiley:

I've heard other people say this--so I tried to eat more--1400 or 1500 cal/day and I absolutely maintained. At 1290 (MFPs rec.) I lose a little less than a lb/week but it takes 1200 to lose 1 lb. I'm not starving and sometimes I'm searching for stuff to eat at the end of the day to get it up to 1200 even though I'm not hungry. I think everyone is different. I have more energy now than I ever had, even when I was a teen, thanks to the exercising. I feel great.

I agree that breastfeeding would def. require a higher intake.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!