Favorite non-pumpkin fall desserts?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pecan tassies and apple pie
    I had to google pecan tassies. I think I know what I'm making next week. :open_mouth:

• tinselart71
    tinselart71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Caramel apples, pecan pie, and apple dumplings
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. All the pecan pie. I'm dangerous around it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For Halloween- shortbread witch fingers, snake bite parfait (recipe on Betty Crocker site), caramel apples
    Things I tend to make in the fall- Apple crisp, apple pie, homemade applesauce, baklava, bread pudding, gingerbread, candied nuts

Right now I'm looking at maple recipes.
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    For Halloween- shortbread witch fingers, snake bite parfait (recipe on Betty Crocker site), caramel apples
    Things I tend to make in the fall- Apple crisp, apple pie, homemade applesauce, baklava, bread pudding, gingerbread, candied nuts

Right now I'm looking at maple recipes.

Omg you are goals. Thanks for the ideas, I really want to try making these!
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread would be about healthy desserts, not regular ole sugary crap. Baked apples with cinnamon for me. No sugary pies or crisps, and certainly not caramel!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread would be about healthy desserts, not regular ole sugary crap. Baked apples with cinnamon for me. No sugary pies or crisps, and certainly not caramel!
    I get 2,360 calories on my maintenance days (doing 5:2). I make room for 400 calories worth of sweets in addition to eating plenty of whole foods.

Come next Tuesday or Thursday, I will be enjoying my pecan tassies while feeling good about my overall diet.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Oh, North America, pack away your pies and heed the autum call of good old crumble and custard!

Blackberry & Apple crumble
    Apple crumble
    Rhubarb crumble

That's what the season is all about!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Oh that's too bad. I'm super healthy and love to have delicious full fat, full sugar baked goods from time to time!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sugar gives me ENERGY!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Now I want to try pecan tassies.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Warm brownies fresh out of the oven, with some hot chocolate. I also have a gingerbread man tea and a chocolate mint one. Although the teas aren't really dessert, they are awesome on a cold day.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Why does everything have to be "healthy" and "avoid sugar at all costs"?
    Take your self somewhere elsewhere.

Self righteousness ? lol! Don't try to put crap where there isn't any.
    The reason I'm surprised to see so much normal on here is because this is MFP.
    Normal is everywhere, I come here for healthy.

Contrary to common belief, we are not all here for the same reasons. There is nothing wrong with fitting in some sweet treats along the way. Keeps my sanity and makes me less stabby and angry. And it can be part of a healthy balanced diet.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Oh goodie! Food moralizing!!!!

People manage to lose weight without putting health halos on their food all the time. Shocking, I know.

This is dead easy, no measuring involved, and can be used to top ice cream, a plain cake or spice cake, on pancakes or waffles, or as a side dish to meats.

Just peel and slice apples. Simmer in maple syrup (the good stuff) with a teeny pinch of salt until tender. Profit.

Speaking of maple syrup, I've made pecan pie with maple syrup instead of corn syrup.

Life changing.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Oh goodie! Food moralizing!!!!

People manage to lose weight without putting health halos on their food all the time. Shocking, I know.

This is dead easy, no measuring involved, and can be used to top ice cream, a plain cake or spice cake, on pancakes or waffles, or as a side dish to meats.

Just peel and slice apples. Simmer in maple syrup (the good stuff) with a teeny pinch of salt until tender. Profit.

Speaking of maple syrup, I've made pecan pie with maple syrup instead of corn syrup.

Life changing.

That sounds so good! I love apples cut in half and cored, then baked with brown sugar and cinnamon. So simmered in maple syrup sounds heavenly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CICO.
    Ive lost almost 100lbs ncluding sugar in my diet. Im not agressive, I just hate misinformation BS.
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Warm brownies fresh out of the oven, with some hot chocolate. I also have a gingerbread man tea and a chocolate mint one. Although the teas aren't really dessert, they are awesome on a cold day.
    Yes!
    Im still in it with pecan pie:

Deliciously toasted pecans enrobed in creamy sweet velvety buttery sexiness encased in a crumbly, buttery crust.

@GottaBurnEmAll holy...crap! Maple syrup in a pecan pie? How much does the maple change the flavour? I'm quite intrigued.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    CICO.
    Ive lost almost 100lbs ncluding sugar in my diet. Im not agressive, I just hate misinformation BS.
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Yes!
    Im still in it with pecan pie:

Deliciously toasted pecans enrobed in creamy sweet velvety buttery sexiness encased in a crumbly, buttery crust.

@GottaBurnEmAll holy...crap! Maple syrup in a pecan pie? How mch does the maple change the flavour? I'm quite intrigued.

Not as much as you'd think. It's pecan pie, just... maple-y. It's really good. If you love maple as much as my family does.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

The reason I'm surprised to see so much normal on here is because this is MFP.
    Normal is everywhere, I come here for healthy.

Really? There is nothing wrong with indulging if you have the calories for it. Who decides what is healthy?
    I have been on MFP for over 4-1/2 years, almost 3 years of sustaining a weight loss of over half of my current body weight. I accomplish this by all foods in moderation, and have been sustaining my weight by continuing to eat all foods in moderation.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Not seeing where cerise noir said you were being self-righteous. Did you perhaps misread?

And speaking of maple, for those of you in Canada with access to a Superstore, President's Choice has just come out with maple bacon popcorn. Maple. Bacon. Popcorn. Half the kernels are caramel coated with maple, the other half are popped with bacon. The combination of the sweet and the savoury is a party in your mouth. <3