Auggghhhhhhh!!!!! So frustrated!!!!!

Options
Week after week on the last 10 lbs! Trying and failing miserably to adjust so I can lose ONE F$&)ing pound!!! This last week of failure = ran 25 miles, did 30 mins of weight training 4 days of the week and ate 1350 cals a day. The result - GAINED A FREAKING POUND. this is MADDENING!! I want to give up!! If I wanted to gain weight, I would sit on my *kitten* and eat scones all day like I actually WANT to do- not spend over an hour a day at the freaking gym and starving myself! Efffffffffff

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the slowest of all. How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • drockncrisso
    drockncrisso Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back exercise calories. I eat 1350 solid. I count EVERYTHING, obsessively. If my 2 year old feeds me 4 goldfish crackers, I log it. I burn nearly 100 cals a mile when I run -
    Sunday - ran 10 miles =1000 exercise
    Monday - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (level 3)
    Tuesday - ran 6 miles and did JM level 3
    Wednesday rested
    Thursday - ran 6 miles and did JM level 3
    Friday - ran 3 miles and did JM level 3
    Saturday - resting so I can run 12 miles tomorrow.
    I've lost 29 lbs before hitting this insane slow down. It was a steady 1lb a week before... Now it's 1lb a month for the past 4 mos and it's making me feel crazy. I want to give up the dieting side and just eat to maintain. I'm sick of working this hard to "earn" a number on the scale.
    I feel so frustrated when I am with people - and they're eating food, and I'm eating like a rabbit. If I work out like I do, I wonder if I should just give up the restricted calories for a while and just eat back my exercise cals. I'd LOVE to eat 2000 on a day I run 10+ miles.
  • mgeshwilm
    mgeshwilm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to just have a day and eat, so that your metabolism kicks back in, and burns the calories. It sounds like your body is going into "starvation mode" Change it up a little - just my opinion. :)
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    If you exercise hard your muscles retain extra water which results in weight gain. That doesn't mean you aren't losing fat which is what should actually matter to you. Calm down, it will take time just relax and exercise if you enjoy it not to beat yourself into submission.

Exactly this! It sounds like you are working hard and trying to eat right. Although I have to say that 1350 calories seems low for all the exercise you are doing. Your body might be trying to hold on to everything it can get because it thinks it's starving. Relax (easier said than done I know) and give it time. Good luck.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Week after week on the last 10 lbs! Trying and failing miserably to adjust so I can lose ONE F$&)ing pound!!! This last week of failure = ran 25 miles, did 30 mins of weight training 4 days of the week and ate 1350 cals a day. The result - GAINED A FREAKING POUND. this is MADDENING!! I want to give up!! If I wanted to gain weight, I would sit on my *kitten* and eat scones all day like I actually WANT to do- not spend over an hour a day at the freaking gym and starving myself! Efffffffffff

Try something different. Try LCHF for one week and see what happens.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Try minimalism.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Also, how long have you been in a deficit, when did you last see a loss and have you taken a diet break at all?
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I also suggest that you take lots of photos and measurements so that you have other progress metrices that weight. If you're losing inches but not pounds, you might be less frustrated.
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i literally gave up.. =/ i felt like i was killing myself.

ikr /: ...there comes a point where losing more feels like absolute HELL... and SO unfortunate that gaining ANY amount and getting gross again is like a walk in the park (at least 4 me)
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    25 miles and you're not eating anything to fuel that. Plus all that other stuff!? You're probably retaining water due to the activity AND super stressing your body throwing out your cortisol levels further causing water retention.

Chill out. Get precise with your intake, eat a little more, stop focusing so hard on the number on the scale.

dude i wish...weighing in on my digital every morn literally dictates whether the rest of my day will be all right or downright lousy :/
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Silly question, perhaps, but do you actually need to lose those last 10 pounds? Or would a "recomp" (maintain weight but reduce fat while gaining muscle) make more sense for you? (Depends on how aggressive your final weight goal is.)