Day 12 of diet - lost 2 kilos. Thoughts?

Hi all,

I'm nearing the end of 2 weeks of starting my diet and exercise routine, i've been working out with a PT twice a week and havent strayed from my diet, hitting 1800 calories a day and drinking plently of water and green tea.

my start weight was 107.9 kilos i'm currently 105.9 kilos.

I dont want to complain but i was expecting more, considering how hard I have been working.

I heard of people losing 6lbs in their first week (water weight) and this hasnt happened to me apparently.

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You've lost almost 4.5 pounds in under two weeks, which is excellent. Water weight fluctuates constantly, so some will lose more and some will lose less in the beginning (I gained my first two weeks).
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Huge initial loss of water weight doesn't happen to everyone. You have lost about 2 pounds a week, which is great and reflects your hard work.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Good job. Keep it up.
  • LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    To be honest, for weight loss like that, it's two things. Low calorie diet and cardio. Honestly, people really want to lose weight and they'll be doing lots of strength training, yes, it's good, but is it really gonna help you drop pounds on the scale? No. I eat 1200 calories a day and burn a minimum of 300 calories a day, without eating back my exercise calories. & people say it's a bad thing, but whatever. The first week I did that I lost 5.5lbs. Then after, I lost 4.5lbs. And even now, I lose 3-3.5lbs a week and I'm not even obese or anything.

I'm not trying to encourage you on a negative way, I'm just being honest. Low calorie and cardio for weight loss. High calorie and strength training for lower body fat percentage. Right now, I just want to lose weight, I do strength workouts once a week, but my priority is cardio right now because I wanna lose this fat. It really depends what you're priority is, it depends what you want the most.

Good luck ❤️.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    That is excellent progress!! What are you complaining about??

You only get that initial large loss if you go from eating a ton of junk food & sodium to suddenly eating healthy- so if you were already eating pretty healthy it's not going to happen.

Really good results so far- don't compare yourself with anyone else either it doesn't help anything. And don't be in a race to lose weight either. Just aim for progress, however fast or slow it comes.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Also, with the addition of exercise, the body will retain water to hydrate the muscles for repair. You are doing great. Just keep on keeping on and watch the weight fall off.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    To be honest, for weight loss like that, it's two things. Low calorie diet and cardio. Honestly, people really want to lose weight and they'll be doing lots of strength training, yes, it's good, but is it really gonna help you drop pounds on the scale? No. I eat 1200 calories a day and burn a minimum of 300 calories a day, without eating back my exercise calories. & people say it's a bad thing, but whatever. The first week I did that I lost 5.5lbs. Then after, I lost 4.5lbs. And even now, I lose 3-3.5lbs a week and I'm not even obese or anything.

I'm not trying to encourage you on a negative way, I'm just being honest. Low calorie and cardio for weight loss. High calorie and strength training for lower body fat percentage. Right now, I just want to lose weight, I do strength workouts once a week, but my priority is cardio right now because I wanna lose this fat. It really depends what you're priority is, it depends what you want the most.

Good luck ❤️.

Actually, if you are losing at a controlled rate based on calorie deficit, strength training is more beneficial. Lots of cardio + calorie deficit = losing muscle. Strength training will help you retain or increase that muscle. That muscle will improve the way you look and increase your TDEE. Those are certainly beneficial.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Your starting weight is very low so you cannot be aiming to lose much - you must be quite close to your goal. The closer you are to your goal, the slower the weight comes off and the more difficult it is to lose it. So losing more than 2lb (1kg) a week is a very fast rate of loss for you. It probably does include quite a lot of initial water loss. In fact, if it doesn't, I'd be concerned. You do not want to sustain that rate of loss at your body weight as it would be unhealthy.

How much weight are you trying to lose and how much do you expect to lose per week? What is your height?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Your starting weight is very low so you cannot be aiming to lose much - you must be quite close to your goal.

107.9 kilos is very low?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited October 2016
    Your starting weight is very low so you cannot be aiming to lose much - you must be quite close to your goal. The closer you are to your goal, the slower the weight comes off and the more difficult it is to lose it. So losing more than 2lb (1kg) a week is a very fast rate of loss for you. It probably does include quite a lot of initial water loss. In fact, if it doesn't, I'd be concerned. You do not want to sustain that rate of loss at your body weight as it would be unhealthy.

How much weight are you trying to lose and how much do you expect to lose per week? What is your height?

They'd have to be really really tall for 237.9 lbs to be considered a very low weight, close to their goal. Pretty certain you missed the word 'kilos' they wrote after the 107.9.
  • i'm 5'6 so im very overweight haha.

They'd have to be really really tall for 237.9 lbs to be considered a very low weight, close to their goal. Pretty certain you missed the word 'kilos' they wrote after the 107.9.

I'm 5'6 and over 230 lbs so yes im very overweight haha.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,527 Member
    During my first 10 days here, I didn't lose a single gram. Not a thing. I decided I'd stick with it for a total of 3 weeks, and when I hadn't lost anything, that would prove I couldn't lose anything and I'd give it up.

Day 11 I started losing.

By 3 weeks, I had lost 3 kg.

Losing 2 kg in 12 days sounds like you're right on track.