Sick of Chicken and Veggies..

Options
Amanda0325
Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
Help I am so sick of chicken and veggies... Any suggestions for some filling low calorie dinners that won't have me sighing from BOREDOM!?!

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin? Mini-meatloaves? Taco salad?
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Flat out bread pizza's! Super low calorie if you use little cheese and fresh veggies!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I am a big fan of Jenny O Turkey sausages... They are yum!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Fish, steak, pork loin, sweet potatoes, eggs, the possibilities are endless! There are lots of healthy recipes out on the web. I pretty much eat what I want but am careful on portions for some things. You need to make eating healthy a lifestyle so you can enjoy life and not fail at getting and staying healthy..
  • shellybsn
    shellybsn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nobody said you had to eat chicken and veggies all of the time. There are lean cuts of pork and beef as well. Try an all vegetarian meal or maybe some tofu (never tried it but some people love it). I have found some great recipes on the forums here or on skinnytaste.com if you need to spice things up! If I ate chicken, veggies and salads all of the time, I would never stick to a diet. Got to have a little variety in life!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I LOVE tacos!!! So I get turkey breast and brown it and place it in hard tacos shells. If you watch the calories on the box, you can sometimes get 3 tacos for like 300 calories!!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A website I go to a lot where they have so many amazing low cal dinners & more....check out www.skinnytaste.com...so many healthy options!
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Fish? Yummy
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Try shrimp dishes instead of chicken... it cooks up super fast too and is really low cal/fat and high in protein. I make shrimp piccata with whole wheat linguine, shrimp. light veggie spread, laughing cow cheese and capers... you could throw some veggies in there too for the vitamins too if you wanted without it hurting the flavor.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Easiest meal ever......

Canned sweet corn
    Canned stewed diced tomatoes
    Canned black beans
    Canned kidney beans
    Diced onion (for this recipe my favorite is red onions)

I add crumbled Ritz crackers to my bowl, the only un-healthy thing.

All thrown in a pan and heated on the stovetop. You can add browned hamburger if you like, or celery, or whatever,
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Baby Spinach, Strawberries, mandarin oranges, craisins, pecans and rasberry vinagrette dressing. I love this and have eaten it 6 times in last 2 weeks for dinner, sometimes I add chicken to it.

Do you like fish? I fixed Salmon for the first time last night. I was terrified! I had never cooked fish before. It was so easy and tasted amazing. Salmon, little olive oil, salt and pepper (or Pampered Chef Citrus Basil rub) cooked slowly on stove for about 10 minutes till the color changed and wasn't that bright orangish pink.....so yummy!
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There are tons and tons of options here! First check out graciouspantry.com. She has lots of recipes and they aren't all chicken and veggies. Fish, pork, lean beef, lean turkey are all options. You can make tacos, burgers, soups, etc. Good luck!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, sad you are having bordem food issues. I eat a salad every day regardless. But I do make smoothies on occassion for a meal replacement. And I mean my smoothies pack some good calories and fats. Not being a meat eater myself, have you thought about fish or turkey? How about stir fries with veggies and beans and rice? Do you like lentils? I love lentil soups. Do you like hummus? I make homemade hummus all the time and I use hummus instead of mayo and make egg salad with hummus, it's wonderful. I have some recipes you can check out here:

http://competingiswinning.blogspot.com/p/vegetarian-recipes.html

Try picking up some cook books at the library or do some online searches. The options are limitless. Here is a great website for recipes:

White Gazpacho
    http://www.onceagainnutbutter.com/Almond_Butter_Recipes.html

Spicey Thia Peanut Noodles
    http://www.onceagainnutbutter.com/Peanut_Butter_Recipes.html

Curried-Cashew Cauliflower
    http://www.onceagainnutbutter.com/Cashew_Butter_Recipes.html
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Taco Tuesday with corn tortillas (or whole wheat) and plain greek instead of sour cream. YUM!
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    To be honest, i don't even mess with chicken anymore. meat is great and all, i still love me some ribs or burgers, but i have found that there is a much greater variety of things that can be done with beans! i eat chickpeas in my salad or have some hummus - and there's all kinds of flavors of hummus! i really love them with pita chips! but the healthier version would be hummus and cucumber or peppers. there are all kinds of proteins....don't limit yourself to chicken! ever go to chipotle's and get one of their burritos with just black beans! Delish!
  • billhettel1
    Options
    If you have access to buffalo, goat, or game these are all leaner than chicken and are extremely tasty
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    baked beans, fried mushrooms in 1 cal spray and 20g low fat cheese?
    roast beef in gravy, steamed veg, mashed potato with swede & carrot, with fried mushrooms. (its like a roast dinner but less than 250 cals)
    chicken fillets in gravy with steamed veg and fried mushrooms.
    Baked beans on toast...with yes you have guessed fried mushrooms....

I have lots & lots of meals that are all 180 to 250 calories as above
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    You can make a delicious pasta dinner for around 300 calories :smile: just buy a generic pasta you like (usually one cup is around 210 calories) and get any flavor of Classico italian sauce (each serving is around 70 or 80 calories) it's filling and tastes great! you can also buy SmartOnes weight watchers pasta meals (they are 290 or 300 calories each)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Cooking Light magazine... they have TONS of great recipes and you get new ideas every month! Their website is good too.
  • spareparts79
    spareparts79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BEEF . . . it's whats for dinner