Mojito's aren't THAT calorific are they?

Options
2»

Replies

• missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a bit puzzled by people talking about making them with lemonade???? And artifical sweeteners? :sick:

12 fresh mint leaves in bottom of a glass, a teaspoon of sugar syrup, muddle (bask the sugar syrup into the leaves with a muddler, or a pestle from a pestle and mortor or similar), then put a lime wedge into the glass and muddle, add a shot of white (clear) rum and some more fresh lime juice if you like 'em sour, add add half a glass of shaved ice, top up with splash of soda water, top with more shaved ice. Add sprig of fresh mint and ENJOY. Anything else is frankly a sacrilage. Would rather have 1 proper mojito or cocktail of choice and just do a longer run that day/next day. But that's just me, I'm Irish (as in I really live in Ireland) and our booze is sacred.

Sermon over :wink:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    This would be a home-made one. One shot of rum. about 9 mint leaves, half a pint glass of soda water, fresh lime juice, a tablespoon of sugar and ice cubes. but because i only started eating sensibly '2 DAYS AGO' I should probably cut back for a while. I've gotten a banana instead. But Mojito's will come back ... one day.

try cutting down the sugar to 1/2 tsp powdered sugar, that's what I use and it's sweet enough. I think as far as a drink goes made like this they are pretty low cal.
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    I would totally drink the mojito with that many calories left, but this is coming from the girl who will be drinking her own version of a skinny margarita tonight :wink: Sorry, but all work and no play is no way to live, or at least no way for *me* to live. If this is a "lifestyle change" and not a diet, then it will include alcohol here and there, and not just crappy low carb, reduced calorie alcohol.
    Amen, Sister! :bigsmile: