Don't You Just Hate It When....

Options

Replies

• sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    the painful side-effect of weight loss, shopping!! (okay, not painful for me.. just my pocketbook!) Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic!!! Non of my favorite clothes fit anymore. So sad!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love it!!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Is it two separate shirts? The white one and the green one? Or is it connected? If it were just the green one, you could turn it inside out and take in the side seams.

Or I guess you could get one of those clip things that used to be popular on the back of dresses in the mid-90's to cinch it tighter.

Or you could sew on some ties to the sides and tie it in back.

OR you could save it and continue to take pictures in it to show your progress and just go buy yourself a new one in the correct size-- because you deserve a new one!
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Dry It up, or get it altered.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up lady!!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That happened with all of my teacher clothes too! I'm waiting till closer to student teaching (Spring 2012) to buy a lot more because I know if I invest in much now, by then it will be just as big as my old clothes are today! But I will have to get one or 2 outfits for observing and peer teaching this fall to get me through.

Good job on losing all that weight! It's a good problem to have! :-)
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2308870_make-shirt-smaller.html

There's some ideas,

I was also thinking if you can add ruching (my personal fav)
    http://www.essortment.com/make-ruched-shirt-45089.html

Amazing and congrats!! =D
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Is it two separate shirts? The white one and the green one? Or is it connected? If it were just the green one, you could turn it inside out and take in the side seams.

Or I guess you could get one of those clip things that used to be popular on the back of dresses in the mid-90's to cinch it tighter.

Or you could sew on some ties to the sides and tie it in back.

OR you could save it and continue to take pictures in it to show your progress and just go buy yourself a new one in the correct size-- because you deserve a new one!

It is one shirt all together, white and green. It's just pretending to be two. :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    First, congrats!!

Second, try going to a tailor and seeing if they can take it in, maybe add some bust darts.

You could try a big wide belt, but it may be too big for that at this point.
  • Nexxy
    Nexxy Posts: 33
    Options
    You look great!!! i like the shirt too like everyone said i would just bring it in some where to get sewen in :) good luck!
  • balbannock
    Options
    You rock!
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would just cut away the fabric on both sides from the armpit down and then sew them back together. I did that with a pair of pants I really liked. If you cut the fabric with a bit of an arch near your waist you can make it more form fitting.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    MAJOR DIFFERENCE AND FANTASTIC WORK!!!!!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    yay i have a lizard (lepord gecko) that looks just like that lol :P

but GREAT JOB! amazzzing!!

haha but i love when that happens ! i'm sure you do too!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great job, Jorra!

"Anybody know a good way to make a shirt half it's size? I love this shirt too much to get rid of it."

The suggestions to get it properly altered are good. I have taken in a shirt "on the cheap" before by cinching up fabric in the small of the back with another thing easy to find in the thrift stores ... a flashy, costume jewelry brooch!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    woahh look at those curves at your waist! you look amazing!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    yay i have a lizard (lepord gecko) that looks just like that lol :P

but GREAT JOB! amazzzing!!

haha but i love when that happens ! i'm sure you do too!

Cute! That one is a green anole. It was a class pet.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, congrats!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!