Question for women

Options
Hey girls just wondering when its "tht time of the month" how many days before you are due do you have a weight gain? Im due on but also due to be weighed shall i still go ahead and do this? Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Replies

• quinngetsshredded
    quinngetsshredded Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I mean weigh yourself if you want either way– but every body is different; so if it's not what you expect it to be, don't sweat it. (I'm still figuring out when mine goes up tbh)

Like generally the overall trend over several weeks is more significant.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Tvm for your reply
  • shuga_shay
    shuga_shay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually have about a 4-5 lb. increase with my period and it is usually within the one week leading up. I just try my best to drink lots of water and be mindful of it. I can usually tell its about to happen because I start to have breakouts along my jawline. If I am diligent with the water during the 3-5 day cycle I will go down once my period is finished. But once again, everyone is different and the more you pay attention the more you will know yourself.
    I mean weigh yourself if you want either way– but every body is different; so if it's not what you expect it to be, don't sweat it. (I'm still figuring out when mine goes up tbh)

Like generally the overall trend over several weeks is more significant.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ty for replying
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Yea, I have water weight gain/bloat starting sometime the week before, couldn't tell you how many days precisely but I'd guess a couple of days before, at least. For me it's usually 2-3 extra pounds, and typically releases about the second or third day of my TOM.

I personally weigh daily, so I weigh no matter what and just learn from the fluctuations if it is something I need to control, or something like TOM that I can't really control and just have to ride out. So, I'd have to agree with @quinngetsshredded that you should just weigh yourself, and give yourself some grace if it's an even or a gain because it will drop once you are past it.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and just consider my weight to be the lowest number I've seen in the last week. :smiley: If I retained water longer than that, I'd just lengthen that window.
  • marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-5 lbs 3 days before my period starts, and lose it 3 days after my period's over.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I usually go up a few lbs before and go down near the end of it. I typically don't bother weighing myself during. I'll skip a week! I am not diligent about weighing in anyway.