Light on the go evening meals, ideas?

Options
I work evenings and need ideas for light meals I can make and eat quick without eating the 'wrong foods' late night, any suggestions?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I just started working evenings too and had to rearrange my meal plans. Instead of having a meal in the evening I had a bigger breakfast and lunch and had them later in the day and also added a morning snack. I'm not hungry then till I get home from work and have egg on toast or something like that, this seems to satisfy me.
  • ariela569
    ariela569 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are probably a go-to for a light meal, just make sure you use wholewheat bread, or use less if you're going for low carb. Would be the easiest to prepare and eat as well.
  • lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm on an onigiri kick right now- and that's mega portable and easy. And calorically cheap, depending on your filling. Sushi rice for one onigiri is like 150 cal. Umeboshi is 5 cal. Things like avocado, cream cheese, fish (if you're into it- I'm veg) are more. Plus you can make it look like pandas and *kitten*. ;)
    http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/01/how-to-make-onigiri-japanese-sushi-rice-balls.html