Fitness Tracking of Choice?

Options
Sound off what fitness tracker you use, and why? Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, Samsung Gear, Tom Tom, Under Armor, Misfit, Jawbone.

For me its the FitBit HR. I got it because it had a lot positive reviews. I like it because its light and the large amount of my friends who use it, we can have competitions with one another. I dislike the food logging, its frustrating - I have added things to the database six months ago but it has never been added. Things I constantly eat will drop of my recent list and I think its over estimating calories.

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a pebble time smartwatch and use the fitness tracking on there which syncs with google fit and then mfp.

If I go on a run though, I use a Garmin GPS as I want accurate distance and pace tracking
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    MFP for calories in, Fitbit blaze for calories out. Fitbit makes activity tracking effortless, and MFP makes calorie counting simple enough.
  • chessmaster1993
    chessmaster1993 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fit bit surge for heart rate, steps,calories, floors etc... sync with aria scale. Works grea
  • chessmaster1993
    chessmaster1993 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fit bit surge for heart rate, steps,calories, floors etc... sync with aria scale. Works grea

T
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    MFP for calories in, Fitbit blaze for calories out. Fitbit makes activity tracking effortless, and MFP makes calorie counting simple enough.

Same here
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Garmin for me, because I'm largely a runner, and Garmin's are tailored to runners and cyclists.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize one needed a fitness tracker. Damn, been doing this all wrong. ;)
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I didn't realize one needed a fitness tracker. Damn, been doing this all wrong. ;)

You don't "need" one, per se. However, it definitely helps many people. I started with a pedometer, just to track my steps, and I quickly realized I wasn't moving as much as I should.

Garmins/Tomtoms/etc are also helpful in tracking your training: You get to see your splits, cadence, average pace, current pace, etc etc. Add in an HRM, and now you can HR Zone train.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

You don't "need" one, per se. However, it definitely helps many people. I started with a pedometer, just to track my steps, and I quickly realized I wasn't moving as much as I should.

Garmins/Tomtoms/etc are also helpful in tracking your training: You get to see your splits, cadence, average pace, current pace, etc etc. Add in an HRM, and now you can HR Zone train.

I know all that, I was being sarcastic. That being said, I'm "mostly" old school in that I was taking my pulse during my exertion when I first started (no longer feel the need), but I do use Map My Hike to track distance and elevation. I've logged over 700 hiking miles since January and many thousands of feet of elevation gain and removed 47 pounds of excess fat to reach a weight I haven't seen since the early 80's. The fitness movement is always evolving and it makes my head spin to even attempt to understand all the new trends. Living next to a mountain, I'll leave the indoor workouts and all the technology that accompanies them to all the gadget geeks and head outdoors. The only cost I have is new boots every now and then and an all new wardrobe. I will reiterate that MFP has been the key component in my weight loss and am so thankful for all the information and support I have received here.