"Dry January" success story for 2017 campaign

Options
SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
I got great news yesterday. I've made numerous healthy changes over the last year and one of those included participating in a challenge called "Dry January." Simply, it's abstaining from alcohol through the month of January. (I also didn't drink in February or for the majority of March and have recently stopped again). This was instrumental in kicking off most of my changes and really helped with dropping almost 55 pounds.

It's mostly based in the UK, but is gaining popularity here in the US. Anyway, I emailed them my story a while back and they have asked me to be a featured "success story" for their 2017 campaign! It'll be on their Facebook and Instagram pages starting in January. Look it up if you're interested and give Dry January a try! My skin is WAY better and I feel great. The before and after is day 1 and a pic taken about a week ago.

n4roy9wvf8ul.png

Replies

• jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    jenkofb wrote: »
    Great job!

Thank you. I know it may be silly to some people but it really has been life altering for me. I drank way, way too much so this was a really big accomplishment for me and to be recognized for it feels even better.

• missmadelinex0
    missmadelinex0 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, how exciting for you!!
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How did you get through the temptations that come while trying to do this?
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
    Awesome job, how exciting for you!!

Thanks ladies!!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job on recognizing and implementing... Not always easy (for anyone wanting to break habits) but you did it! :-)
  • sachigirl1
    sachigirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • hilariousonset
    hilariousonset Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! You look great btw!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I haven't had but 2-3 drinks all year and I haven't lost anything :disappointed: haha!

Great job! You look fabulous dahling!

• SisterSueGetsFit
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Great job on recognizing and implementing... Not always easy (for anyone wanting to break habits) but you did it! :-)

Thank you. Not easy to start, but it does get easier every day.
    sachigirl1 wrote: »
    Wow! Great job!

Thank you!
    Awesome! Congrats! You look great btw!

Thanks!!
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I haven't had but 2-3 drinks all year and I haven't lost anything :disappointed: haha!

Great job! You look fabulous dahling!

It's not a fix for everybody, but I consumed a pretty large amount of caloric calories from drinking. Keep at it girl!

Thanks! :)
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking to lose weight as well. The benifits are way more than just weight lose. I was able to quit smoking, skin looks great, feel wonderful, brain fog is gone, saving money, exercise more, etc.... best thing I ever did for myself!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Calibrate wrote: »
    I quit drinking to lose weight as well. The benifits are way more than just weight lose. I was able to quit smoking, skin looks great, feel wonderful, brain fog is gone, saving money, exercise more, etc.... best thing I ever did for myself!

I would agree. I don't want quit forever (although sometimes I consider it) but a good break is good for me. I'd still like to enjoy the occasional glass of wine or a drink when I go out, but I have a very hard time with the "off" switch, so this works for now. Congratulations to you, that's a really big deal and I'm proud of you.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Congratulations to you as well, we are all a work in progress. It sure feels good to feel good! I also have a drink or two on occasion. Since I only drink rarely, my tolerence is pretty low. I guess I'm a cheap date
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!