What is your fitness mantra

Options
13»

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When I was losing my general mantra was "I Can and I Will".

...And I did. :)
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of changing.
  • quinngetsshredded
    quinngetsshredded Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    GET SHREDDED

It's silly but also motivational. :)
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine is "You're almost there. You got this! It's a step in the right direction. Just one day at a time.You'll get there."
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I mostly just stare myself down.... in the gym mirrors....especially on dead lift days...

The other problem is rest days. I enjoy my workout results so far and sometimes it takes a LOT of me mentally talking myself down to take a rest day.

• jankig
    jankig Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that planning your meals are imperative to staying on track (of course, I myself forget this often. Lol)

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For exercise: yes I can.
    For eating: make choices you won't regret later.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself "but did you die?" Then do it again the next day!!
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mine is a little weird...

"Do it for the tentacles"

To explain: I have a tattoo of an Octopus over 75% of my body. Watching that change as I do, is pretty awesome.

Me too! I have an octopus taking up about 1/2 of my upper back/shoulder.

Also, mine is "I learned a long time ago that a person can stand just about anything for 10 seconds, then you just start on a new 10 seconds. All you’ve got to do is take it 10 seconds at a time." - The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

(in regard to exercise)
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my kid said this thing when he was 9. never played baseball before, never been a catcher, seemed really happy at shortstop. but one day he starts the game behind the plate. he just blew people away. i asked him about it afterwards and he got all nine-year-old earnest and said 'i didn't know if i could do it, but i had a feeling maybe i could. so i just wanted to try it and see.'

that's my mantra. i don't know if i can or not, but i do want to find out.
    I think I have found my mantra.. I have never been skinny in my life.. so now I want to do it and see how it feels..
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also, "I know what happens when I give up; I want to see what happens when I don't."
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    - Bulk until you hate yourself
    - There is no magic diet, buy as many drugs as you can afford and starve yourself for as long as you can stand it

• Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Also, "I know what happens when I give up; I want to see what happens when I don't."

I like this, thank-you