Embarking on a long journey, in need of support!

Options
Hi there, I am a wife and stay at home mother to a 5 year old daughter and almost 4 year old son. After having my son, I lost all 55 lbs of baby weight in 5 months. Then I got the Mirena. Over the next 2.5 years, I gained 100 lbs, lost all energy and felt horrible everyday. In March, I had the Mirena removed but my hormones are still out of wack. In April my father, who was my very best friend, passed away and I fell into a deep depression. My bed has been my best friend. I miss the person I used to be, I used to look and feel great, even after 2 children back to back. I had lots of energy and I was happy. I turned 30 on the 10th and I know that I have to start taking my physical and emotional health seriously. So today I started on the beginning of a new journey, to become the person I know I can be and once was. I went to the grocery and stocked up on Super health food, vitamins and supplements. I joined a women only gym that is very friendly and inviting. I have my initial health assessment tonight and I am very nervous to find out how unhealthy I have become and how far I have to go. I need all the support I can get, please add me so we can support eachother!

Replies

• Gracedtimes2
    Gracedtimes2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for your courageous words of grief, hope, and determination. I too am a stay at home mom of young kiddos--5 year old twins! I JUST started on this journey of transformation yesterday. Part of my story is I had to start my entire life over with little ones due to a very traumatic turn in my life and I used food to cope. Now I'm ready to lose this grief weight and begin a hopeful and healthy future for myself and for my kids. Let's help and motivate one another if your interested. Thanks!
  • MarineWife821
    MarineWife821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! We can do this!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see you acknowledge that it's going to take some time. Many posts are about people wanting to lose weight quickly and then getting discouraged when that doesn't happen. I've lost 84 lbs so far and am 9 lbs away from my goal weight, but it's taken almost 2 years (I started January 2015).

I've sent you a friend request.
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Back on the wagon here too.
  • fantasyburns
    fantasyburns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK wrote: »
    I'm glad to see you acknowledge that it's going to take some time. Many posts are about people wanting to lose weight quickly and then getting discouraged when that doesn't happen. I've lost 84 lbs so far and am 9 lbs away from my goal weight, but it's taken almost 2 years (I started January 2015).

Hi,

I tried to friend request you but the system couldn't find you. I am starting where you did and would appreciate any support.

Thanks!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK wrote: »

Hi,

I tried to friend request you but the system couldn't find you. I am starting where you did and would appreciate any support.

Thanks!

Just sent you a friend request!