Best Frozen Pizza

amfmmama
amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
Looking for opinions on the best frozen pizza for the calories. It's not something I have everyday, but it is an occasional craving. I had 1/2 of small American Flatbread pizza today for 300 calories and it was pretty good. On a good snow day.... gimme some ol' school Elios!

What's your go to?

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Amy's has pretty good frozen pizzas.

http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/pizzas/000199

For most of their pizzas, 1/3 of it is around 300 cals. To be honest though, I can eat 2 whole pizzas back to back. They are tasty but a little on the skinny side.

• amfmmama
    Thanks for the tip!! I have seen these, and thought they looked good, but never bought one! I will give them a try.
  • amfmmama
    Meowler wrote: »
    Dr. Oetker Ristorante are my absolute favorite when it comes to frozen pizza. They have a fantastic selection, but I usually choose to have 'Pizza Funghi' at 290 calories for 1/3 pizza. I really enjoy a thin crust and vegetables on my pizza!

ris211sitemaintenancepolloristoranteoverview696x36501png.png

HA!! It all makes sense now.... same company makes Elio's !!! LOL
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2016
    I love Newman's Own, especially the roasted veggie one (it's actually really good and I don't usually go for roasted veggie pizzas). I think a whole pizza has less than 800 calories.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Yes, Newman's Own, Margherita or Spinach Feta. Even the kids like them. I add mushrooms sometimes. They are really crispy and cook fast.
  • amfmmama
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Best Frozen Pizza

200_s.gif

I know... but in a pinch...
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Some of the Momma Cozi Pizzas at Aldi are really good and low cal. But personally the best frozen pizza is a Digiorno stuffed crust personal size pepperoni for 600 for the whole thing.

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Not frozen but making homemade this week. Cooking light 2016.
    Ham and Cheese pizza.
    Mama Mary's pre baked thin crust.
    Marinara, diced ham,cheddar/mozzarella, Fuji Apple, baby spinach.
    Looks great. 2 wedges. 353 calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Best Frozen Pizza

200_s.gif

I used to think that too.. All frozen pizza tastes like crunchy cardboard! That was until i tried Dr Oetker, and now I'm sold.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Frozen pizza has come a LONG way in recent years. Dr Oetker is good, but the price has gone way up since I first discovered them, so I don't get them anymore. I love really thin-crust pizzas - the thinner the better, and that's the hardest part for the frozen varieties. Not too many to choose from.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Behold! The pinnacle of frozen pizza:

stdfo2fkvtvd.png
  • amfmmama
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Behold! The pinnacle of frozen pizza:

stdfo2fkvtvd.png

I dont think I have ever even see this! Where are you from?
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm a fan of Freschetta's Ham and Pineapple pizza.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    I know a lot of people don't like them...but I really like Jack's frozen pizzas. 1/2 of a pizza is about 500-600 cals give or take, and the crust is thinner and crunchy (which I prefer in frozen pizza). I like the Mexican and supreme best. Sometimes I will get a plain cheese one and make it BBQ chicken style - I add rotisserie chicken, red onions, crumbled bacon and BBQ sauce. So yummy!
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    jenmsu83 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people don't like them...but I really like Jack's frozen pizzas. 1/2 of a pizza is about 500-600 cals give or take, and the crust is thinner and crunchy (which I prefer in frozen pizza). I like the Mexican and supreme best. Sometimes I will get a plain cheese one and make it BBQ chicken style - I add rotisserie chicken, red onions, crumbled bacon and BBQ sauce. So yummy!

I clicked on this topic just so I could gush about the awesomeocity of Jack's Pizza. I always cook it for longer than it says so the cheese gets to a dark brown. Yummo!
  • amfmmama
    theston412 wrote: »
    jenmsu83 wrote: »

I clicked on this topic just so I could gush about the awesomeocity of Jack's Pizza. I always cook it for longer than it says so the cheese gets to a dark brown. Yummo!

awesomeocity..... my new favorite word
  • amfmmama
    I have never even heard of jacks !
  • amfmmama
    This one (they also have a pepperoni flavor, margherita, sausage and mushoom, and a bbq chicken flavor):
    aphoto2.JPG

It's the Kroger store brand, for whoever sells Kroger brand in your area. Stats vary but for the one pictured, it's half the pizza for 350 calories. Good paired with a salad for a full meal.

that looks fancy!!!