DDP Yoga Question - Calories Burned

Options
2»

Replies

• AFitSunnyDay
    AFitSunnyDay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing DDPYoga for a few weeks and I feel fantastic! I love the low impact High Cardio it gives you. Last year I bought the Program, Lost 20lbs and grew an inch. Not because I actually grew but because DDPYoga helped me stretch out my spine by doing the exercises. Last year I had to stop because I ended up with a severe case of Vertigo. After it went away I just never got back on the band wagon. I started back up 2 weeks ago working out in the morning with my kids. On Monday the 17th of Feb, 2014 I added a healthy diet to my regime and lost 3lbs the first day. On Monday I was 230lbs. I am now 227lbs and holding for the moment.

I love this program and recommend it to anyone looking ALSO thought you might want to check out this lady that has lost a lot more weight with DDPYoga and has a lot of proof to show for it. Also she compared DDPYoga with several other great exercise programs and you'll be suprised at how much better DDPYoga is! Check it out!
    http://lizddpyoga.com/2013/08/11/ddp-yoga-math/
  • danakandi
    Options
    Ok so I started DDP yoga 5 days ago. I read the comments here, and I could not believe the fact that in 5 days I lost 3 lbs.
    I've been trying since may 2013 to lose weight. It was a real frustration watching myself dieting and exercising 3 hours a day and keeping on a strict routine. Got frustrated after I lost 40 lbs. I dropped from 200 lbs to 160, then as soon as I took a couple days off and had a cheat day, I put in 3 lbs. So I gave up. Living all my life counting calories is not a life style. I simply have an extremely low metabolism and I gain weight easily.
    I started dieting and exercising again this January, went through a detox week then I started losing 1 lb / week.
    Down to 153 lbs and I reached my plateau again.
    Started DDP yoga dropped 3 lbs in 5 days.
    I called up customer support, and I am a member of the DDP team website. The way it works with burning calories is depending on your age and the program you chose to follow.
    Beginners, intermediate, advanced, and extreme.
    So the more workout sessions you do, the higher calories you burn every workout after.
    So I'm doing the advanced for example, and my husband is doing the beginner program. Based on my age and hight and weight, and the body fat percentage, the calculation for me is : 345 calories per fat burning workout ( also I try to engage my muscles to the maximum and sweat like a big), whereas my husband burns 175 calories. That's what the heart monitor and the calories counter says.
    By today, my calorie burning counter read 396 calories burned.
    Stay in your fat burning zone, and look it up on the website, they have calories burned count for different zones.
    DDP yoga rocks!
  • sdevlin68
    sdevlin68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did anyone every answer you? DDP Yoga is yoga with resistance. It is a great workout and have very little impact to your joints. You can find out more about it here: http://ddpyoga.com/?gclid=CIu04sOJ-b0CFWdk7AodjA8ALQ
  • SRMcEvoy
    SRMcEvoy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A year of DDP Yoga everyday and recording everything I eat using the MFP app. http://bit.ly/1YearDDPYoga It includes infographic of using my heart rate monitor and comparing DDP Yoga with traditional yoga.
  • korkalot
    korkalot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart monitor that does not count calories before I really started applying the "calories in, calories out" strategy. Now I find it difficult to estimate with any app what ddpyoga truly burns, because it is so unique. Hopefully one day I can afford to make the upgrade to a better HRM.

Also, if anyone is looking for inspiration during those tough days, head over to the group I started awhile back on Facebook. Initially it was just for myself, but then my friends became interested and bought the discs. More people started joining and it is a lot of fun looking for new quotes or photos to help people keep pushing themselves further in their goals. No pressure to post, but i totally qelcome it! The link is https://m.facebook.com/groups/751769514835214
  • lstanisz79
    lstanisz79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Megblue
    Megblue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like it but I've lost several of my DVDs.