Kashi - Yay or Nay?

Options
13»

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't read all the responses. Kashi Go Lean Crunch is SO reasonable at Costco- I can't remember exact price, but it's very, very reasonable considering how healthy it is. I have Kashi DAILY as it helps me enjoy the closest thing to DESSERT for me-- I crush it so that it's closer to the consistency of granola & I have it with my Yoplait Lights- it makes the Yoplait taste less fake-sugar-diet-y & when I pair it with things like Apple Turnover or Blackberry flavor, it's kind of the closest I can have to a fruit cobbler now. So it's not just great with milk- it's wonderful with yogurt & SO SO worth it, I buy 2-3 giant boxes every time we go to Costco!

....Me wanties.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yay, just have to watch sugar and soduim, you don't have to have a full serving. I love the pizza:smile:
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    My Kashi faves:

~ 7 grain frozen waffles
    ~ Mayan Harvest Bake (frozen meal)
    ~ Pumpkin spice flax crunchy granola bars, TLC
    ~ Cinnamon coffee cake crunchy bars, GoLean
    ~ Honey almond flax chewy granola bars, TLC
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi - I love Kashi! I eat it for breakfast every day! Sometimes I will add a tablespoon to a Chobani yogurt to get some crunch. It's also got alot of fiber!

A lot of people have been saying they mix it with some Chobani or other greek yogurt. I haven't tried that either yet. I guess I'm buying some plain Chobani and some Kashi this Saturday! All these posts make me eager to taste it. :tongue:
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm chiming in for Kashi Go Lean as well!! It is sooooo yummy, it has just enough sweetness to give me that sugar fix, plus tons of protein. I use it as my post-workout snack or at dinnertime. I recently read about Kashi Go Lean Berry Crisp Crunch, it has actual berries and is awesome in greek yogurt. Once I get rid of the granola I have now, I'm gonna make a bee-line for it
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    KASHI GO LEAN CRUNCH! PLUS some Greek Yogurt (mixed together)

SOOOO goood, and about 17 grams of protein as well :)

This....tastes great..the Kashi sweetens the greek yogurt...and you WILL be full!

Also, Kashi has a really great fiber count....i'm not sure if that was mentioned, but it's got plenty of fiber to go with the protein.
    The Go Lean Berry is FANTASTIC..plain..in yogurt...with milk...GREAT!
  • colbiegirl
    Options
    KASHI GO LEAN CRUNCH! PLUS some Greek Yogurt (mixed together)

SOOOO goood, and about 17 grams of protein as well :)

This....tastes great..the Kashi sweetens the greek yogurt...and you WILL be full!

Also, Kashi has a really great fiber count....i'm not sure if that was mentioned, but it's got plenty of fiber to go with the protein.
    The Go Lean Berry is FANTASTIC..plain..in yogurt...with milk...GREAT!

Sooo going to try it! :)
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I liked the way the cereal tasted, but my stomach did NOT like all that fiber. Usually I can tolerate a good amt of fiber each day, but Kashi had me "rumbling" all day long. But I've also had the same issue with Fiber One bars. I'd recommend first trying it on the weekend just in case you have a similar "rumble" effect. Being at work and sounding like there's a thunderstorm in your gut is NOT good look, lol!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kashi - GoLean Crunch! - I put it in my yogurt. So yummy. I don't like adding milk.
    I also enjoy their Honey Sunshine Cereal!

Another kashi product I absolutely enjoy is the Kashi TLC Crackers - I love their Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers. YUM.

Kashi is great. :) makes me happy.
    It's is expensive at the store I usually go to, but it's one of those things that I don't mind splurging on, since it makes me happy. :)
  • colbiegirl
    Options
    I liked the way the cereal tasted, but my stomach did NOT like all that fiber. Usually I can tolerate a good amt of fiber each day, but Kashi had me "rumbling" all day long. But I've also had the same issue with Fiber One bars. I'd recommend first trying it on the weekend just in case you have a similar "rumble" effect. Being at work and sounding like there's a thunderstorm in your gut is NOT good look, lol!

Lol, I'm good with fiber. I eat a lot of it. I can deal with it though if it's THAT good. :)
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options

Lol, I'm good with fiber. I eat a lot of it. I can deal with it though if it's THAT good. :)

Well I work as a therapist, so the rumbling was probably more noticeable to me. Nothin like being one on one with a client and havin your stomach rumble so LOUDLY that your 10yr old client asks if you're ok, hahaha!
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options

Try the Kashi TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit and Grain bar. They're my secret weapon against chocolate and sweet cravings.

120 calories, 50 sodium, 3.5 fat, 21 carb, and 4 protein.

You don't even know what you're about to get yourself into :laugh: You're going to love it!

:glasses:
  • ReachForward
    Options
    I hate the Kashi cereals; however I do love the Kashi frozen dinners which are relatively high in protein & fiber and lower in sodium. The cost is about $1.00 more than the other regular healthy tv dinners.
  • colbiegirl
    Options

Try the Kashi TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit and Grain bar. They're my secret weapon against chocolate and sweet cravings.

120 calories, 50 sodium, 3.5 fat, 21 carb, and 4 protein.

You don't even know what you're about to get yourself into :laugh: You're going to love it!

:glasses:

I love dark chocolate and coconut together! Reminds me of Almond Joy bars... ah. Why must my Saturday be so far away! :sad:
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    I had one after lunch today :tongue: Did you make a list yet? I didn't know about their frozen dinners so I'll be trying those out. Great work losing 37 lbs!!!
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi!! If you have a Marcs near you check it out there its around $2.25 a box there
  • davidmg1982
    davidmg1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    05:00 to 06:30 AM: Workout
    07:00: Lean 15 protein powder (Abbot) with water
    09:00: Kashi GoLean + Trail Mix.
    11:00: Fruit (watermelon, apple, pineapple).
    13:00: Lunch time!

I must say Kashi cereal is working just perfect for me, i can handle all morning feeling good, sometimes im not even ready for my fruit but i need to keep my metabolism running!
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Nay, I say Nay!

I use to love Kashi Cereals and then Kellogg's bought the small company out. Do your research. Even though the box says "All Natural" Independent testing shows that Kashi Go Lean contains high levels of GMO ingredients. It also contains hexane-extracted soy protein. The soy they use is given a hexane bath that consists of more than 50% n-hexane, which is a known neurotoxin, But don't take my word for it, do the research yourself. It has been tested by a few different labs with similar results.