New Mum - Looking for Support and Motivation

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm a new mum to a 5wk old girl and have been struggling with my weight for years, long before I gave birth. Now I'm having to snack while exclusively breastfeeding to keep up my energy levels, I have been finding it a struggle to stay within my calorie goal without exercise.

I love exercise but as I'm sure you are all aware its a struggle to fit in with newborn.

Any tips and help would be a blessing.
Feel free to add me as a friend as well :)

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats on new baby!! Start by walking. Put her in a stroller or papoose and start walking. In bad weather walk the isles of a store. I have a grand baby and this is how I started!!
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My babe is 3 months and I'm finally getting my *kitten* together! Feel free to add me!
  • smoon1979
    smoon1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I had gained about 50 lbs the 2-3 years prior to getting pregnant. Now I have a 2.5 week old and am breastfeeding and eating constantly. I've already shed the 20 lbs I put on during pregnancy though so that's a start! Now I want to realistically lose 30 more but with baby steps (no pun intended) cause of how hard it is to focus with a newborn. My immediate goal is 10 lbs.

I'd like to start by figuring out how much we burn BFing - is it listed as an activity?

Add me if you'd like support!
  • saipriyaa97
    saipriyaa97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am also a new mum as of 6th April 2017! My little one is 6 months and a beauty! I am also trying to lose weight and find some motivating mfp friends. I am lighter than I was when I fell pregnant and now trying to reach my goal weight of 55kg. Add me :blush: