Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sherni823 wrote: »
    I'd like to make some friends and share ideas! 1,200 is too much for me though because I don't exercise much.

1200 is MFP's default minimum BEFORE exercise, so I don't think it's too MANY calories for you.

1200 is
    A) Appropriate for very petite women
    B.) Appropriate for some elderly women
    C) A default minimum (before exercise) when MFP users set an aggressive weekly weight loss goal

If you are something like 4'9" tall then maybe 1200 is too much.

Google your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure - maintenance) - then subtract 1,000 calories for 2 pounds a week. This is for heavy people (>75 pounds to lose). Subtract 500 for 1 pound a week, and finally 250 calories when you are close to goal. Moderate deficits help your body fuel existing lean muscle mass. That way you lower your body fat %. Fast weight loss doesn't lower your body fat % as much.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I also eat 1200 calories a day & burn a minimum of 300 calories a day. I don't really eat back my exercise calories, but I don't feel I need to. I've been losing around 3lbs a week (last week I lost 4lbs

3 lbs/week is far too aggressive, you should be eating back exercise calories and netting 1200 cals/day. Losing so quickly you risk loss of lean body mass, fatigue, hair loss, brittle nails, sallow skin, and just generally not getting adequate fuel and nutrition for your workouts and lifestyle.

How much do you have to lose?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    For those aiming for 1200 cals, are you eating back exercise calories so that you are netting at least 1200 cals?

Unless extremely petite or extremely sedentary, most women can lose eating more than 1200 cals/day.
  • jlolsen516
    jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @TeaBea I think you read her Comment wrong. Shernie823 said that 1200 was too much, as in, they to eat less calories than that. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jlolsen516 wrote: »
    @TeaBea I think you read her Comment wrong. Shernie823 said that 1200 was too much, as in, they to eat less calories than that. :)

Oops!

I need to change 1 word....thank you! I guess I don't multi-task well :*
  • becky6323
    becky6323 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1200 cal diet here too. Looking for some meal planning.
  • shannonmalone82
    shannonmalone82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 1200 calorie diet as well, along with less than 75G of carbs daily. Definitely getting repetitive.
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1000-1200 a day under doctor supervision vision and have lost over 80 pounds in almost five months. I travel daily and cook almost all of my food in the truck and have an open diary and tons of variety.
  • shayminhog
    shayminhog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too! For anyone in the UK, Sainsburys do a meal range called Oh my Goodness and they are delicious, balanced and usually below 380 calories. I have one for lunch and one for dinner (there's a big range) and then use the rest of my calories on breakfast and snacks which I usually vary too. Honestly, I couldn't recommend these more. I live on my own and having to buy ingredients and eat the same thing so as not to waste food was really setting me up for a fail. Tescos do something similar too called City Kitchen. Anyone else tried these? Also quorn scotch eggs are THE ONE. I can't even tell they're not real but these guys are high protein, low fat and yummmmmmy!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness thai red vegetable curry is my go to lunch and gives me 2 of my 5 a day - love it!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 per day too. My diet is not all that repetitive. But my diary is more of an example of what not to do. I'm usually over but that's because I have a drink or 2.

I recently discovered Fiber One bars. They taste like dessert. The brownies are fantastic & only 90 calories.

Cauliflower rice has become a go to. I ate a LOT of fruit in the summer. My sugar was high every day but since I'm not diabetic & my intake with all that fruit was still substantially lower then when I was drinking sugared soda daily I'm ahead of the game.

They only good thing about Fall & the cooler weather -- soups & stews. I have been having split pea soup all week because I made a huge pot over the weekend. 1.5 cups which for me is very filling has about 300 calories.

Mostly for me it's about portion control & eating mindfully.
  • eigna9187
    eigna9187 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am on 1200--1265. if you are looking for some other recipes, i use eatthismuch..it gave me some other recipes that i didnt think about since honestly, im not the healthiest eater. it has definetely gotten me to try some things i otherwise wouldnt have.

it can build you a meal plan per day for free, but you can just push the regenerate button or browse through the recipes.
  • CarolF11
    CarolF11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I only try to eat 1000, but if you like you can add me