FOOD BURN OUT - smoothies yogurt salads

Options
Have you ever hit a food burn out where nothing taste great and you just hate looking at a plate with anything on it period... that is where i am at... i am not eating meat..(cancer survivor).i am not suppose to eat more then 40 carbs a day ( diabetic) its too damn hot in Az to eat soup akkkk so i am going to a bland soft food diet.. coffee & yogurt for breakfast, a nice Romain salad for lunch, and i have no idea what to eat for dinner... any suggestions...oh forgot to add 30 years ago i got 6 root canals done now they have all failed and shattered so eating some foods are impossible... what do you suggest for a nice healthy dinner..????

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could google some lentil/bean recipes? They're soft and still a nice protein source. Indian dahl comes to mind specifically - of you like that sort of thing.

Maybe try something with eggs too, they're not just for breakfast.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    40 carbs a day? The typical recommendation for diabetics is 40 carbs per meal.

I agree with the suggestion above of eggs and beans. Both soft foods that are nutrient dense.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you eat fish or are all animal products off limit? Not really sure the connection between meat and cancer survivor.

Outside of that, there are nuts, eggs, hard cheeses.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    on days like that i buy a cantaloupe or a watermelon.