need help with salad dressing.

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    maybe lemon/lime juice, or a homemade cilantro/lime vinegarette?

This sounds delicious, off to the market to buy lemons and cilantro!

:)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I never do zero fat dressing along with being usually not all that tasty you need some fat to help you absorb the nutrients in the salad, I like Lowfat and Newmans own really makes some good ones. Although too if you eat avocado with your salad it has healthy fat in it so if you found a zero fat one you liked I guess the avocado would give you the fat you needed to digest the nutrients.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own and use a lot of receipes off of the P90X nutrition guide. If you make your own, you know what's in it an you know there are no preservatives. You can find the guide book for free on several sites, just google it. My favorite is the balsamic vinaigrette:

1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
    2 tbls lemon juice
    6 tbls dijion mustard
    4 tsps shallots, chopped
    4 tsps fresh basil, chopped
    2 tsps olive oil
    black pepper to taste.
    Serves 16/14 Calories per serving.

Diana
  • sidewinds
    sidewinds Posts: 14
    Options
    We keep hearing 'Balsamic Vinagerette' lol. I'm in the same boat as you, was using Ranch on my salad everyday, but just switched to Balsamic Vin. yesterday, tried it for the first time, it's really good! This is going to save me a lot of calories over the course of a year!
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to use Goya salad & vegetable seasoning packet. I leave a little water on the lettuce & it creates a delicious dressing
  • I_Got_This_23
    I_Got_This_23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I were eating a salad with colby jack cheese, avocado, and shrimp, I'd think taco salad. Add a couple tbls of salsa. Yum!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I eat so much salad that I get tired of salad dressings pretty quickly, so I go through phases. Right now I'm on a Bolthouse Farms kick. Their yogurt based dressings are great if you like creamy dressings. Before that I was eating Cindy's Fresh Avocado Vinaigrette. And before that I was making different recipes. When I have taco salad, I mix taco sauce or salsa with Greek yogurt and use that as a dressing.
  • Jojobeth
    Jojobeth Posts: 19
    Options
    Agreed! Yogurt based Bolthouse farms is SO good! I just discovered it and I am in love!