A little frustrated.

I started dieting last Sunday and I've lost 7.4 lbs so far. I know you lose a lot initially and then it tapers off but now I step on the scale every morning and it's only down 0.2 or none at all. I'm being very strict about calories and carbs and not going over at all. I'm exercising everyday at the gym and burning between 300-400 calories a day. I do not add those calories back in. I knew it would slow down but not this much.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear. You need to look at the trend over weeks and months, not at your weight on any particular day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Last Sunday . . . as in three days ago? Or ten days ago?

Either way, 7 pound in that amount of time is really good. Your expectations may not be realistic.
  • ShannonMelton82
    ShannonMelton82 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes 10 days ago. I guess I just expected it to happen faster since I had gastric bypass in 2012 and the weight just kind of fell off.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    It's definitely going to slow down. To share my experience, I was the same weight for about 2 weeks BUT after that 2 weeks and not getting discourage with the SNAIL SCALE... I was able to fit into jeans I hadn't at the same weight 2 weeks prior.

One of the best advice I've ever gotten, from this forum actually, is to think about 30 days from now. In the 30 days you can look back and see the progress you've made by sticking to your plan or in 30 days you can look back and wish you had! The 30 days will pass regardless of what you do with it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    I weigh myself every day and the scale goes down only a few times a month.
    You should change your expectations if 0.2lbs a day seems too little. (Well unless you weigh 300lbs+ )