How many times a day should I be working out?

Options
I work out once for 30 minutes everyday. How many times am I supposed to be working out? I've seen people say they have a morning and night workouts or more on here.

Replies

• renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. Im not training for anything, so maybe I'll just keep doing what I've currently got going on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    Ok thanks. Im not training for anything, so maybe I'll just keep doing what I've currently got going on.

30-60 minutes per day of regular exercise is what is generally recommended for general health, so you're doing fine.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I work out once for 30 minutes everyday. How many times am I supposed to be working out? I've seen people say they have a morning and night workouts or more on here.

Depends on what you want to do and how much your body can handle. With two young children and a partner on shift work, I have to pack as much in as I can on days/times when he's home to watch the children or they're at school/pre-school. Today I've taken a 45min Zumba class, done 1.5hrs strength training and will be going back to the gym for 20min on the rower followed by 45 minutes Insanity. Thursday will be similar, minus the Zumba but with the addition of swimming. But tomorrow, Friday and the weekend I'll be doing very little, just everyday things like taking the children swimming and trekking round the zoo. Just make sure you fuel any workouts, I eat like a crazy thing on a workout day.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Another thing to think about is how active you are throughout the day. Some people might like to split their activity(ies) to balance out their still/moving times. You know, the whole "sitting is the new smoking."

I also read an article regarding diabetics (not that you necessarily are, I just found it interesting) and their activity times. The study participants were split into 2 groups: the first did 45 minutes of exercise in one chunk; the second split their 45 minutes into 3 x 15 minute workouts shortly after meals. The group with the split times had better blood sugar control.
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the marriage!

And, well I walked a few hours on the trail today. It was a windy day, so it wasn't so bad. I don't always walk everyday especially for that long, usually I just do 30 minutes of my workout and that's it.