45 g of protein?

Options
My daily allowance is only 45g of protein. call me crazy but I feel like this is not alot at all? How much is everyone else eating? How can I adjust the daily intake? THANKS!

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I manually adjusted my goals to come as close to what the trainers at the body studio want me to be eating. For where I am at, they want me eating 140 grams a day
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I eat between 100-150 g of protein daily.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Home > Goals > Change goals > Custom

there you can swap the percentage for protein to a higher amount until you are satisfied :) Just make sure to save your changes.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    My protein goal is 130 but I aim for anything about 80 and I'm happy. On my really good days I'll reach my protein goal. The past couple weeks have been bad though.
  • reckjb
    reckjb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So, it is okay to go above the protein allowance? I am under my carbs, fat, and calories everyday, but I always have consumed more protein that it shows I should. Will that keep me from losing?
  • sarah44254
    Options
    No reckjb, it won't keep you from losing. But read more about protein in a web search to find out what benefits it can bring your body. :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I eat 75-100 grams a day.
  • reckjb
    reckjb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah! :) It sounds like I just need to up my daily protein goal.
  • juspid22
    juspid22 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • cleve999
    cleve999 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's actually a lot of protein. This program seems to be based on 15%, of total calories, the World Health Org recommends 5-10%. I personally tend closer to the 10%.
    What does matter is the source of protein. You need to get all the essential amino acids in, but probably just as important to know is that there is a direct linke between animal protien and osteoporosis ,so don't eat a lot of dairy or animal products.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My protein is between 100 and 150. Carbs are what I need to keep an eye on, only 64 a day or I gain.