MEAT Me at the Beach: 7/14-7/17 weigh-in

Options

Replies

• sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl and these are some awesome brownies!

HG's Nutty-Good PB Brownies (http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1982)

Ingredients:
    One 18.25-oz. box moist-style devil's food cake mix
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
    1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
    1 tbsp. fat-free milk

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.

Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!

MAKES 16 SERVINGS
    Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 4g
    Sodium: 293mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 15.5g
    Protein: 2.5g

PointsPlus® value 4*

**Whatcha thinking?**
    I'm really happy with my progress so far. I hit a slow patch during the first part of this challenge, and even gained one week, but with the help of people on MFP I got some great ideas to get back into the groove. I'm really excited I met my first mini-goal and am really hoping I can keep this up. I would love to meet my final goal of 165 (that would put be in the overweight catergory!!!).

>>Thanks, everyone!<<
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Part 1: Post your favorite healthy recipe (or if you are not a cook...you favorite pre-made meals)
    Part 2: Try at least one thing that someone else posts
    I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!! I really enjoy making new recipes, so I'm super stoked about this! Looking forward to trying some of the new recipes posted! I'll probably have to wait til next week to try them, though, because I already have my menu for this week planned.

Hmmm...My favorite healthy recipe....This one is super easy and delicious. Comes from allrecipes.com. I'm a big balsamic vinegar fan, so I just LOVE this one!

Balsamic Glazed Salmon Fillets

Ingredients:
    6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon white wine
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
    2. Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
    3. Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with oregano.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.

Nutrition Facts:
    Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 288
    Total Fat: 15.5g
    Cholesterol: 84mg
    Sodium: 236mg
    Total Carbs: 6.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 0g
    Protein: 28.5g

I usually serve this with a fresh veggie and maybe a low carb side.
    This Week's Reflection: Whatcha thinking?
    What are your thoughts at this point in the game? Do you need a place to vent? Do you want to share something amazing? Share how you are feeling or let us know how things are going. You've got to be thinking something...what is it?
    I'm really glad that I've signed up for a few challenges. It really makes me feel like I'm being held accountable. Like I can't slack off. I started my weight loss journey at almost 375 lbs. And I still think of myself at that weight. And then I remember, no...You've lost almost 50 lbs. You're in the '20's'! It's a really good feeling! I look forward to losing more and I totally can't wait to see what I look like and how I feel in another 50 lbs, when I'm down in the 270's!!! I know for some, 270 is so unimaginably high. But for me, 270 is something I haven't seen since probably high school. I'm proud of myself and I'm not afraid to admit that! :-)
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yaya, I won this week's biggest loser for my group :) very happy as I didn't lose last week :) well done everyone! Looking forward to all these recipes!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    No wonder I loved her recipe - she's a Polish Princess like! I intend to try those apples this week.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a cook and my "cooking" is very simple. My dinners are usually salad (using only 1 tablespoon of dressing combined with some water to make more dressing - 2 tbsp of some dressings are way to much for me to swallow - calorie bank wise).

Here is my fav dip and it's great because you can make it your own with any spices.
    Ingredients:
    Dannon 32oz (or whatever brand) fat free, plain yogurt
    Your favorite seasoning

Put the yogurt into coffee filters that are sitting in a strainer (with a bowl underneath the strainer)
    Let the yogurt sit in the filters (covered) overnight
    Add favorite seasonings to create a dip of your choice

Nutritional value will vary depending on the spices you put in the dip.

I happy that I joined this challenge and am glad that I didn't gain any weight on vacation. I appreciate all the hard work you all are doing and want you all to know how you motivate me. It's not always easy to check in, post on a thread and be committed to an extended challenge - I admire those of us that are doing just that. Plus, THANK YOU, Meat, for taking on the big task of tracking this challenge! And for, OMG, kicking so much butt in your workouts! Keep up the awesome work.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my absolutely favorite recipe is the Healthy Baked Chicken nuggets at skinnytaste.com!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html

I changed a couple things since I didnt have panko and added a few extra seasonings to the breading :) but yummy!
  • jen0125
    jen0125 Posts: 53
    Options
    But for me, 270 is something I haven't seen since probably high school. I'm proud of myself and I'm not afraid to admit that! :-)

And you should be proud!! That's an awesome achievement!! Keep it up!
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Sorry for no weigh in this last week! My family was in town and to be honest I have had no motivation for the last 3 weeks! I can give so many different excuses, but none are really good!

CW as of 7/10/2011 is 130.4 no change! Congrats to all the losers this week!!
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yaya, I won this week's biggest loser for my group :) very happy as I didn't lose last week :) well done everyone! Looking forward to all these recipes!

Congrats on the great loss!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    BUMP
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was vacant last week Vic and other challenge members!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This Week's Challenge: What's for dinner?

Part 1: White Bean Ravioli

Can of white beans (large can)
    Fresh garlic to taste (I usually use a tsp of fresh minced organic)
    Fine grated parm cheese (I use about 1tbsp)
    Fine grated reduced fat mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup
    Fresh wonton wrappers
    Canned diced or fresh diced tomatoes and italian spices or jarred sauce of your choice

Puree white beans, add garlic, and grated cheeses, and place tsp on each wonton wrapper, dip finger in water and rub gently on edge, and fold over and press. You can make these bigger using two wrappers to make one large ravioli, or make more work for yourself, (how my kids like it) is cut wrappers in half, place small amount of mixture on one side, and fold in half to make little squares sealing same way as before...

Place made ravioli in boiling water, and boil till the ravioli floats. Does not take LONG!
    Simmer tomatoes in a saute pan and let them cook down, at as much or as little spices to taste, or eliminate this step, and use jarred sauce heated up to top ravioli.

Serve with a salad :)

My kids LOVE this, hubby does too... it is quick, and easy, and a great meatless family friendly meal

This Week's Reflection: Whatcha thinking?
    I have been lazy, and not recording everything I eat... no one's fault but my own. We have been in summer mode, and have been going on day trips, and I have not been preplanning my meals lately, and bringing food with me. I know what is wrong, and I just need to fix it!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals is a combination of things but it hits most of the food groups.

2 oz low sodium honey ham
    3.2 oz of fresh strawberries
    1 CranBran VitaTop muffins
    0.3 tbsp of salted whipped butter
    0.5 oz fresh mozzarella cheese

Cals – 239
    Carbs – 30 g
    Protein – 17 g
    Sodium – 538 mg (this would be a lot lower if you didn’t use deli meat)
    Sugar – 16 g
    Fiber – 8 g

As for actual recipes....I love the Chicken Rollatini on www.skinnytaste.com
    It was really easy to make and tasted really good.

As for how I am feeling....well, I won't lie, it is one of those months were things are getting tough. I've been fighting the same two pounds and that is aggrevating. My schedule is tougher to deal with during the summer and some days I just don't feel like working out or eating right. But then I have to remind myself that this is a life change and that I have decided to make good diet and exercise. I just feel like things will be easier when I'm finally at the point where I am "maintaining" even though I know that will be hard too. It is almost time to take my P90X progress pictures (30 days), I'm looking forward to see the changes.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe that I actually found on MFP. I'm not much of a cook and it was really easy and yummy!

Broccoli Casserole

Sweat 1 cup chopped celery and 1 cup chopped onion.
    In a large bowl mix together 1 can low fat Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 can low fat Cream of Chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice, 1/2 block Velveeta cheese (I soften in the microwave first), 2 1/2 cups frozen broccoli (partially thawed). Transfer into large casserole dish and cook for about 35-40 min at 350 degrees.
    When I made it the other day I used a little less broccoli and added in some spinach, next I want to try it with some asparagus as well. The recipe originally says it makes 5 servings, but I split it into 8.

Nutritional Info:
    Per Serving
    Cals- 203
    Carb- 29
    Fat- 7
    Protein- 9
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Current Weight 186
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st):
    Weight Category: REDUCE
    6/9: 186 **start of challenge**
    6/16: 186 no lose-no gain I’ll do better next week
    6/23: 183.6 Whoo Hooo
    6/30: 183.8 going the WRONG WAY
    7/7: 184 179<<<mini goal weight ___>>>
    7/14: 182 FINALLY going in the right direction…DOWN!!!
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: 174<<<mini goal weight ___>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: 169 <<<challenge goal weight ___>>>
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Category: Feeling alive losing 21-25

7/14 weight 139.0

Current Weight (As of today): 152
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 132
    Weight Category: reduce
    6/9: **start of challenge** 152
    6/16: 148
    6/23: 146.5
    6/30: 143.2
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 141 actual weight is 141.4 lbs. I was close, but forgot to account for TOM when I set my goals :( 7/14: 139.0
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 135
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight ___>>> 130
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey Vic! :) Please note my revised goals! :) Thanks!

Current Weight (As of today): 124.4

Challenge Goal Weight (for August. 17th): 117 -revised
    Weight Category: 1 - reduce

6/9: **start of challenge** 127.4
    6/16: 127.6 :(:(:(
    6/23: 127.2
    6/30: 127.2
    7/7: 125.8 <<<mini goal weight 122 - didn't reach :( >>>
    7/14: 124.4
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<revised mini goal weight 120>>>
    8/11:
    8/17: <<<revised challenge goal weight 117 >>>
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Vic - Seeing as I'm at my original second week mini goal today, I decided to revise my goal weights. Please see below. Thanks!

Current Weight (As of today): 324 (down 6.6 lbs this week!! WHAT WHAT!!! :love: )
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 310
    Weight Category: REDUCE! 26lbs or more group
    6/9: **start of challenge**
    6/16: 340.2
    6/23: 336.4
    6/30: 332.8
    7/7: 330.6
    7/14: 324
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<REVISED mini goal weight 319>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<REVISED challenge goal weight 310>>>
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems I have finally hit the dreaded Plateu. I have been bouncing between 282 and 290 for 7 weeks now. I am not sure what to do to change it up and kick start the weight loss again. I am getting a bit frustrated but there is no way I am giving up this time. I just need to figure out the change I need to make to get my body to drop weight again. I am open to suggestions...

@Vic, I have revised my goals, please move me to the 11-15 group. Hopefully I can kick start the weight loss again and make it before the end of the challenge.

Current Weight (As of today): 283.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 260 lbs - revised 275
    Weight Category: REDUCE (-12 lbs)
    Group: 11 - 15

6/9: 287 **start of challenge**
    6/16: 283.8
    6/23: 283.8
    6/30: 282.6
    7/7: 283.6 <<<mini goal weight 275 did not meet >>>
    7/14: 283.4
    7/21:
    7/28: