Horrible for me foods that I totally miss

Options
124»

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I've been dying for a toasted bagel with cream cheese. But I don't want all those calories. Haha

I also really miss 'Marie's ranch dressing' (on everything!!!!), Taco Bell, NY pizza, cheese quesadillas, and sometimes I get cravings for soda!

A bagel with cream cheese isn't that high in calories, as long as you're sticking to portion sizes on the cream cheese. I eat bagels all the time and it's 300 calories with the cream cheese. That's pretty similar to other breakfast calorie breakdowns (the oatmeal I ate this morning had 300 calories, for example). Life is way more enjoyable with a good bagel once in a while :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I like to be all big and bad and say how I still "eat the foods I love, but in moderation," but there are limits to that statement. Like, I know not to bring Nutella into my house. I can say "I'll just eat one tablespoon" all I want, but we all know that whole jar will be gone by tomorrow.

Yeeeeeep. This is me and any kind of icing. My family has suffered through some pretty heavily frosted cakes so I could throw the container out and not risk succumbing to the 1800 calorie doom before me
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like to be all big and bad and say how I still "eat the foods I love, but in moderation," but there are limits to that statement. Like, I know not to bring Nutella into my house. I can say "I'll just eat one tablespoon" all I want, but we all know that whole jar will be gone by tomorrow.

Ditto. Like that rice pudding I made yesterday. It was a bad call.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    A Chilli Cheese A-Plenty from the Beacon Drive In. Huge two patty burger with chilli and cheese. But wait, its comes completely buried in french fries and onion rings.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Because sometimes I just wish I could eat the way I did when I was young!

Oreos - a whole sleeve (they don't even get packaged this way anymore!)
    Twix bars
    Banana splits, extra walnuts
    Fudge
    Large italian sub extra hots on WHITE roll
    PB & Fluff sandwiches

You?

don't cut it out!!!! Eat to make yourself happy. Pick a day each week where you allow yourself a nice treat. You deserve it!!!
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    All these peeps on MFP are good at moderation apparently. I pretty much can't bring most calorie dense, fatty, high carb foods into the house. I'll indulge at a nice restaurant, or with freshly baked goods/a nice bakery. I'll get something with peanut butter out for dessert, but for the most part-I eat things that are low calorie, in high volume. You can trust there is no peanut butter in my cupboard or block of cheddar in my refrigerator.

That said, I miss eating large amounts of all the cookies, pizza, ice cream, and chips.

I have such a fast metabolism, that I still eat a lot of this stuff daily; otherwise, I get really skinny. Albeit, smaller portions than age 18 :)
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

This!!! Im this way with chips. Even when I buy the individual small portioned bags. I can't stop at just one bag if there are several still in the house. I'm always amused how people on these MFP boards get sensitive whenever someone calls certain foods bad. Is food like your baby that you feel forced to defend or something? They like to say there are "no bad for you foods" etc. But for some people there are foods that are bad for them because they don't have the self control of only eating a few pieces or a smaller portion of it. So in there mind, that food is bad for them and there weight loss success so they would rather avoid it as much as possible. So, please people, don't keep saying nothing is bad for you in moderation, because I can guarantee that the people who think certain foods are bad don't won't to eat them in moderation when given the chance.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's by the pint. It does technically fit into my calories, but I'd only be able to eat 200 calories for the rest of the day. A half cup of B&J just makes me sad.
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been off here for a bit. I cannot do moderation for some of my faves. I start off with the moderation plan but I end up in the "OMG - did I just eat that entire package??" department!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies
    Fried chicken
    Macaroni and cheese
    Hamburgers
    French fries
    Cold stone
    Pasta
    Tacos
    Donuts
    Chips
    Oreos
    Girl Scout cookies
    Smoothies
    Bread
    Pies
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Wine and alcohol. I tried just to just drink on the weekends but it completely derailed my diet every time.
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wine does me in EVERY TIME.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Because sometimes I just wish I could eat the way I did when I was young!

Oreos - a whole sleeve (they don't even get packaged this way anymore!)
    Twix bars
    Banana splits, extra walnuts
    Fudge
    Large italian sub extra hots on WHITE roll
    PB & Fluff sandwiches

You?

You could still eat the horrible for you stuff but just log it each time and move on. :)

I can't eat cookies, chips, fries, or fast food without falling off the wagon so right now I am avoiding them until I get in to a good groove since I just started back at MFP. But I won't totally cut them out or else I might fail.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I haven't stopped eating anything I like, just less of it. I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't like pizza lol

My 7 year old doesn't like pizza. :D So you're not alone!