How to lose last 5 to 10 pounds?

Options
nupururja
nupururja Posts: 43 Member
I seem to have hit the weight loss plateau and am unable to lose weight despite working out daily( 500 cals cardio) and following the 1200 calorie diet

Replies

• nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hi I am also at that point now.Will also want to hear what to do next.
  • gkbanister
    gkbanister Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do the egg fast
  • gkbanister
    gkbanister Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Many LCHF people do it, I've done it and it works.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Precision in all that you do.. this means your logging and consumption must be on point.. also your exercise and your day to day movements..

Are you really short, older and sedentary.. why the 1200 calories? Been dieting for a long time on 1200 calories.. time to rethink your calories and exercise. Can't keep doing the same things expecting different results. Strength training part of your regime?

I do hate to say this (I am a shorty and older and mostly sedentary outside of exercise so I get all of this :) ) but you have to eat to lose this last 10 pounds and it gets even more complicated the last 5.. Do your body good, give it food, exercise and keep moving through the day.

But I will add this, if you are close to goal, ask yourself if the last 5 - 10 is really where you want to be in weight and if it is body composition changes you are really wanting to work on?
  • nupururja
    Options
    Ok, will try the egg fast.... :) Thanks! Will look it up
  • yaldaash
    yaldaash Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @nupururja The issue is your body is used to the exercise you're doing. You have to either 1) increase resistance 2) increase speed 3) do interval training 4) include different weight training techniques. You have to confuse your body, as soon as your body gets used to it, you will plateau.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    nupururja wrote: »
    Ok, will try the egg fast.... :) Thanks! Will look it up

No to egg fasts.. bad idea.
  • Nakedbeans
    Nakedbeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try adding weight training to your workout. Check out this blog article:
    What Burns More Calories: Cardio, Intervals, or Weight Training?
    Scroll to the section on Weight Training. Worked for me.
  • nupururja
    Options
    Yes, I am doing weight training 3 times a week. Wanted to do it everyday but had bad neck and arm ache ...I dedicate 1.5 hours at the gym in the evenings. I looked up egg fast and it is said to help with overcoming the weight loss plateau.Will try it for 3 days to jumpstart some more weight loss.

How many calories do you'll burn at the gym every time you workout? I don't know if I'm not working out to my potential
  • nupururja
    Options
    I need to loose the last 5/10 pounds in a month as I am getting married in december and hence seeing the plateau worries me. @RoxieDawn I'm 25 yrs old...Apart from working out 1.5 hours at the gym in the evenings, I am doing a desk- sedentary job throughout the day
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    No egg fast.

Tighten up on logging. Understand that your weight will fluctuate with water retention, hormones, and such. Be patient.
  • nupururja
    Options
    Nakedbeans wrote: »
    Try adding weight training to your workout. Check out this blog article:
    What Burns More Calories: Cardio, Intervals, or Weight Training?
    Scroll to the section on Weight Training. Worked for me.

Thanks! Will focus on weight training with more reps and cut short cardio a little.
  • nupururja
    Options
    yaldaash wrote: »
    @nupururja The issue is your body is used to the exercise you're doing. You have to either 1) increase resistance 2) increase speed 3) do interval training 4) include different weight training techniques. You have to confuse your body, as soon as your body gets used to it, you will plateau.

yes. Will try interval training :)
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    No egg fast.

Tighten up on logging. Understand that your weight will fluctuate with water retention, hormones, and such. Be patient.

This.

Those last few always take FOREVER.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I ;);) need to loose the last 5/10 pounds in a month as I am getting married in december and hence seeing the plateau worries me. @RoxieDawn I'm 25 yrs old...Apart from working out 1.5 hours at the gym in the evenings, I am doing a desk- sedentary job throughout the day

1200 deficit is too aggressive and trying to lose 5-10 pounds in a month and workout 1.5 hours a day.. its no wonder you have reached plateau.

never mind, is see you decided to do the egg fast.. good luck with all of this. :(
  • nupururja
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I ;);) need to loose the last 5/10 pounds in a month as I am getting married in december and hence seeing the plateau worries me. @RoxieDawn I'm 25 yrs old...Apart from working out 1.5 hours at the gym in the evenings, I am doing a desk- sedentary job throughout the day

1200 deficit is too aggressive and trying to lose 5-10 pounds in a month and workout 1.5 hours a day.. its no wonder you have reached plateau.

never mind, is see you decided to do the egg fast.. good luck with all of this. :(

After weeks of being on the 1200 diet my appetite is actually suppressed and since I have a sedentary job all day I find that enough by consuming lots of low calories vegetables and fruits daily.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

After weeks of being on the 1200 diet my appetite is actually suppressed and since I have a sedentary job all day I find that enough by consuming lots of low calories vegetables and fruits daily.

I think you are misunderstanding exactly where you are with this 1200 calories, the great deal of exercise you are doing, etc. etc.. and you have been dieting since April.. It is to be almost expected for you to be where you are right now..