LADIES help answer this odd question please!

Options
Okay so how long should I wait to weigh myself after my period? I know your body retains water before and during your period and I don't want anything to affect my weigh in.

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I generally don't worry about it, I weigh myself once a week on a Monday. If you are concerned about your period affecting your weight maybe you should weigh yourself once a month instead.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Eh no, I don't like the fact of weighing myself once a month. I like to know my progress.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If your progress isn't what you had expected or even if you gain you know why it is. It shouldn't derail you too much. Welcome and good luck!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I just weigh in on Thursday mornings, TOM or not. If it's TOM, it may be a zero or gain week, but then usually the next I've lost more. Sometimes I lose like 1-2 each for three weeks, then a zero, then losses again. Average it all out and it's good. Just don't get discouraged if it's a little up that week. It will go back down if you stay on track!!!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh during my period anyway, but once the bloating goes away is usually when the water retention stops for me. :)
  • Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay.... you can also track your progress by measurements and take into account that you weight may fluctuate a little before and after your period. My weight only fluctuates by a few hundred grams.
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh in no matter what, I think most do.
  • lou693
    lou693 Posts: 17
    Options
    i have the sme prob i dnt know what to do me i do not weight my self just on the week i have my periods only bec if i see that it goes up heaps il be crying and crying and you know how woman get lol sme ppl are different well i do a i just have to see a sad tv ad and il be crying or if i cook smthign wrong ilbe crying hard out lol cnt help it lol so for me no i just skip my weight ins when i have my periods and just once its finished go back to normal weekly monday weigh in may be think like ur on a hoilday but dnt eat bad food then when its gone ur look and be like far out well done me lol add me if you want xoxo have a great day sexy
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i weigh in also. I actually find that my weight goes up a week before tom, and the day before it starts i drops all the weight back off. i'm an obsessive weigher though and weigh every day.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am going through this now. Keeping the same number for what feels like an eternity. weight yourself but, like most said don't take it to heart. do not put the weight change into your diary. Not until its over anyway, then you know for sure you are being accurate or not.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks girls! I think I'm going to weigh in once a week on the same day like I have been. I just won't worry too much if I gain weight during my tom.
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about. I weigh in every Sunday.
  • corsetiere
    corsetiere Posts: 12
    Options
    The best thing you can do is pick a day and a time and weigh yourself then no matter what. Just expect that the average woman retains about 5lbs worth of 'water' while its their TOM. Don't be discouraged, just keep tracking and going forward. Best thing you can do. Also make a note about it in either your exercise diary or food log so that you remember thats why you had either a gain or no lost weight for the week. Just how I do it. Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • CharletteJones
    Options
    HEY BRI....I READ YOUR QUESTION AND I WOULD AT LEAST WAIT 3 DAY AFTER IT'S OVER TO MAKE SURE ALL IS WELL (SMILES) MUCH LOVE SIS
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I weigh every other day. I have noticed that the day before or on the first day of my period, I lose. I usually weigh more a couple days before my period starts.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but don't always log it in. For me the worst time is a few days before, it seems like everything works it's self back to normal by my last day.
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    correct me if i'm wrong, this may just be a rumour, but i have heard you are at your lightest just after TOM comes to visit.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I can tell you that last week I had a five + pound loss on Sunday, got it last week, by Wednesday I was back up the five, weighed in this morning and lost three+. So I would say, for me anyway, the weight gain is in the first few days. Good luck.