Options
2»

Replies

• sandyification
    sandyification Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Want to see something cool? Even without doing any sort of averaging to smooth the data if you zoom out far enough even the most "plateau" looking weightloss ends up looking like steady weightloss if you are consistant.

here is my weightloss over the last 2 weeks:
    jrz5rmrp59t2.png

and here it is over the full 4 months:

5jrg44j8dh4l.png

Takes time to see that your loss is actually pretty steady. People say weight loss isn't linear, but they mean that on short time scales....on long time scales in my experience if you are consistant and track well it actually is very linear.

If I plot it as a 7-day moving average with a trend line that is even more clear
    e4qsbpu0h4ks.png

and from that I can tell I'm due for a "woosh" so I'm expecting to suddenly drop like 3 or so pounds in the next week. Will see if that happens.

I use trendweight to watch my trend lines and love it. It helps me refocus when I get discouraged with stalls.

Cool chart! Thanks for sharing.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So I have noticed a trend with the scale and am hoping to hear your experience. I will bounce around in a 3-5lb range for around 1-2 weeks then drop a few pounds all at once. This is now my normal pattern with losing.

Have you noticed any patterns with how your body loses weight?

Exactly the same with me, I will fluctuate around the same number for around 20 days then I step on the scale and 3-4 pounds will be gone. Its so frustrating!
  • nupururja
    nupururja Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So I have noticed a trend with the scale and am hoping to hear your experience. I will bounce around in a 3-5lb range for around 1-2 weeks then drop a few pounds all at once. This is now my normal pattern with losing.

Have you noticed any patterns with how your body loses weight?

21t5ci05d71u.png
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big whoosh one week prior to my TOM! I lose up to 5 lbs and usually reach a new low. Then when TOM comes the weight goes up by a couple of pounds. One week after that, there is a small drop, and the week after that a bump up again , due to ovulation. Then its time for the whoosh again.
    Take a look at this! This is for the month of October.
    First week of October coincided with whoosh week. So dropped to my lowest then. - 218.5 lbs
    Second week was TOM - went up to 219- 220 range
    third week dropped back to 218 , then during later half of the week went up to 222 due to ovulation.
    fourth week , thats now, whoosh week is on. I have been steadily losing weight ! Reached a new low today! 216 lbs. I might still lose for another couple of days . Then the golden period is over :neutral:
    This is why I track my weight everyday.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    I am another whoosher. I will bounce around with the same 1 - 2 lbs back and forth and then BAM! 3 lbs will fall off. The reports / charts on here are soooo helpful for staying encouraged. Keep pushin! The weight will keep fallin!
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    All over the place! Feeer whooshes now as I get lighter, the big bump (which was actually only a pound on) was two weeks away in holiday andnit whooshed off once home.

I am now hitting a pattern of stalls and micro-losses. The rate has really slowed, so I need to think about whether I am happy with that (ave about 0.5lb a week down from 2lb per week) or if I look to reduce intake more.

rnc5n6rzi3wk.png

What app is this?