Regrets

Options
Melemur
Melemur Posts: 95 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
So I've been feeling a little under the weather since monday I've been doing really good restarted my diet and made a few changes to do a low-carb diet and have had great success well today I really wanted to but since I was feeling under the weather at some ramen noodles not realizing how bad it is for you until I read the label I wouldn't feel so bad if this week I didn't have one or two other slip-ups and it's only Wednesday need to get my head back in the game back at it tomorrow

Replies

• DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Can you take a walk and burn off the excess calories? I bet you'll be surprised by how little it effects you if you are still overall doing well. The most important thing though is to get back on the wagon. Guilt, for me, tends to make me slide way down. So don't feel guilty, feel proud that you are going right back to being healthy.

I saw someone in other thread give advice that if you wanted to eat a treat, go for a 30 min walk first so that you'll have already burned the extra calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Logging food before you eat it helps me with this issue.

Don't beat yourself up. If your car had a flat tire, would you slash the other three? Change your tire, and drive on!
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel well, maybe your body could use the extra calories. Besides, it's just one meal. Keep going and you will be fine. Hope you feel better, too.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Don't beat yourself up. If your car had a flat tire, would you slash the other three? Change your tire, and drive on!

Love the metaphor here :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Love the metaphor here :)

Shamelessly stolen from I don't remember where! :D
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Keep going! One bad day wouldn't make you put on weight, only multiple bad days!
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Someone on MFP used the phrase "don't let a slip become a slide." I remind myself of that every time I'm imperfect. I'm human, so that happens now and again. :)

• Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    PennWalker;38012990-i have a cold that started this week end