Deep Fried Twinkies {Walmart Exclusive)

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Wouldn't a fried twinkie be the same thing as a donut? Just a creamstick that was fried after having the cream put in, instead of after?

I don't see the draw.

This^

I'm not a huge fan of donuts.....but at least those are typically fresh.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    H O M E R U N P I E S :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If someone else bought them I would try one. I never thought twinkies were very good so I probably would not like them. So yeah, kind of a waste of money.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I saw these the other day, rolled around with it for 30 minutes in my basket and put them back.LOL

Eat the chocolate one.. I know they are 220 calories not deep fried.. so please please come back and tell us if you do the deep fry, how many calories it came out to be and if it was YUMMY..
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    For the mother *kitten* win

dezgzf5fja1c.jpg

I never liked the icing on Zingers. Too thick and dry most of the time. Yes, I was the picky one. ;P
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I grabbed a box before, went on with my shopping, and ended up putting them back. Even before I came back to tracling I still was like...not worth it lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've always hated twinkies, but they came out with a "white peppermint" version this year. I don't even know why I felt the need to buy them, and I was kinda hoping I'd hate them, but it turns out I love them and can't buy anymore.

As for the fried frozen ones, I have a hard time thinking they'd be any good, but if anyone else wants to buy and cook them, I'll try one.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

dezgzf5fja1c.jpg

I tried my first zinger last night so....thanks for that. :)

It's good but a little too small for those whopping 130 calories.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

dezgzf5fja1c.jpg

I loved the butterscotch version of these and now I can't find them any more! Probably a good thing!
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yodels and Funny Bones were my poison. Never was a big Twinkie fan. Did buy a box a few years ago (after seeing 'Zombieland'), just so my niece and I could throw them at my brother while screaming, 'you spongy, yellow, delicious b*stard!' Good times.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I can't do the "cream" filling in any cakes like that. I gagged, and nearly dumped my lunch the first time I tried to eat one when I was about seven. Nope, not happening.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, YOLO, I never said it would be easy... only worth it, etc.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I had a fried Twinkie in a restaurant once. I was thoroughly disappointed. It even came with a strawberry sauce and whipped cream. I'd skip it. If I wanted to indulge, I would choose something freshly baked, not packaged.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

dezgzf5fja1c.jpg

I loved the butterscotch version of these and now I can't find them any more! Probably a good thing!

Butterscotch!? *drool*
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The fact that you have to heat it up in the oven is a complete turn off for me. If I really want a deep fried Twinkie, I'll just eat one at a fair or something.

I was looking for something sweet at Kroger and was tempted to pick up banana Twinkies. Hot chocolate Chips Ahoy won out in the end.