Embarrassing gym stories.

Options
daedae171
daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
I was in high school and I was squatting I think 325 lbs. I didn't pay attention to the fact that my shorts were a bit tight. I went down and when I got all the way down, I heard and felt my shorts rip, exposing my bum. Had a few people laughing.

What's happened to you??

Replies

• alexisslolypop
    alexisslolypop Posts: 4,593 Member
    Options
    Wore ice cream undies under leggings (squats day)...Apparently they were way more see through than I thought... (⊙_⊙) Not to mention that gossip spread quickly.

Lesson learned!
  • daedae171
    Options
    Wore ice cream undies under leggings (squats day)...Apparently they were way more see through than I thought... (⊙_⊙) Not to mention that gossip spread quickly.

Lesson learned!

So our accidents were pretty similar! Except everyone saw my bare buns. Lol
  • alexisslolypop
    Options
    Not so comfy afterall
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Came back to my gym bag one day to find an anonymous written note from a fellow gym goer asking me to take a shower because my odour was fouling up the place
  • alexisslolypop
    Options
    Are you serious???
  • daedae171
    Options
    Came back to my gym bag one day to find an anonymous written note from a fellow gym goer asking me to take a shower because my odor was fouling up the place

You should have just skipped the shower after that and go to the gym the next day smelling worse. Lol
  • alexisslolypop
    Options
    People so rude nowadays...

Don't worry, karma exists
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Well this is not about working out..well kind of.....but last night during water aerobics while doing some pushing weights down and then jumping up, I totally mooned the people behind me.....SO EMBARASSING :* I think I need a smaller size bottoms....
  • Hadvab
    Hadvab Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Had a buddy try showing me how to do crunches on a bench that held you at an angle and lock your legs in place, luckily he walked away when i eas trying these but when i came up I unintentionally let out a loud fart. No one said anything but I know people heard it. All I do now is laugh about it. Lol.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Are you serious???

Yes! Embarrassing. At least he/she didn't say it in front of others
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Didn't put clamps on the end of the bar when doing incline bench, got uneven and weights slid off making hella noise in a packed gym. Stupid lol
  • daedae171
    Options
    Hadvab wrote: »
    Had a buddy try showing me how to do crunches on a bench that held you at an angle and lock your legs in place, luckily he walked away when i eas trying these but when i came up I unintentionally let out a loud fart. No one said anything but I know people heard it. All I do now is laugh about it. Lol.

Oh man, I'm dying! Hahaha the next day after an old buddy laughed at me for ripping my shorts, he crapped himself doing squats. KARMA.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Sitting there and listening to an overweight PT tell me I needed to switch my 0 calorie hot sauce to Siracha and overhearing her tell her colleague about my Huuuuge breakfasts (at that time an egg and two slices of 12 grain bread).

She can sell other people PT by being condescending, but I'm not paying anyone money to be disrespectful.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    And second most embarrassing is seeing the same PT much thinner when I go to the gym while I'm still working on it.
  • Hadvab
    Hadvab Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sitting there and listening to an overweight PT tell me I needed to switch my 0 calorie hot sauce to Siracha and overhearing her tell her colleague about my Huuuuge breakfasts (at that time an egg and two slices of 12 grain bread).

She can sell other people PT by being condescending, but I'm not paying anyone money to be disrespectful.

I hope you were embarrassed for her and not embarrassed for yourself. I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed about, she should be for talking about others! :(
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    the long-ago time when i was in this rec centre that had fixed-weight bars stored on a kind of pyramid rack. this guy saw me strugging to get a heavy bar back onto the only slot available for it, near the top. he gave me a hand iwth it and i said 'i can get it out, but i can't always get it up'.

his eyes went just a little bit crossed, and then did this nervous ha-ha and said 'yeah, we all know that feeling i guess.'

it didn't um, penetrate until i was almost home. the thing is, i probably look like his mom.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And second most embarrassing is seeing the same PT much thinner when I go to the gym while I'm still working on it.

well, so what. the problem with her wasn't her 'expertise'. it was her attitude.
    i see quite a few free-range p.t.s working with various clients where i lift. most of them are exceptionally good on the technical level, but i cross town to lift with an old-school generalist who really means 'respect' when he talks about it.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    the long-ago time when i was in this rec centre that had fixed-weight bars stored on a kind of pyramid rack. this guy saw me strugging to get a heavy bar back onto the only slot available for it, near the top. he gave me a hand iwth it and i said 'i can get it out, but i can't always get it up'.

his eyes went just a little bit crossed, and then did this nervous ha-ha and said 'yeah, we all know that feeling i guess.'

it didn't um, penetrate until i was almost home. the thing is, i probably look like his mom.

Ha ha ha!

One dude that spotted me said "let me know when you need some," and he paused a second them turned bright red.

I think maybe he was saying let me know when you need to be spotted again.

• pazzynj
    pazzynj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did my 1st 45 min workout after many years of not working out. Towards the end of the session I threw up. I was sooo embarrassed! But everyone was cool about it telling me that's not uncommon & it meant I did the job right
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I accidentally grabbed a pair of flowered pj pants in the morning when it was dark.Had to wear them to work out.